Old 2009-10-31 , 21:34
Still gets up to change channels

Default UEC HD PVR on DSTV system

Hi,

I had to swop my HD PVR today because of lightning damage. The person at the console showed me the UEC HD PVR is on the system of DSTV and he told me that we that have the current Pace HD PVR would be able to swop it for the new UEC HD PVR.

What I was reading in previous threads is that will not be the case. Can MC maybe give me a better answer regarding this please?

Even with the software updates that were done, this Pace HD PVR is frustrating slow and I really hope that the problems will be resolved with the UEC PVR. Hope not that the same software will be used or coding.

Regards.
Pieter

Last edited by PvBlomm; 2009-10-31 at 21:46. .
Old 2009-10-31 , 22:39
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

I sincerely hope that is the case - I bought an HD PVR today because Makro had them on special for R2999. If the special (as also adverised on TV by MC) exists to get rid of the old Pace stock prior to the UEC device coming to the market, I am sure you will have a few disgruntled PVR owners on hand.... Did not even plug the device in yet, will organise for installation next week. MC - please respond to this as a matter of urgency!
Old 2009-10-31 , 23:57
Changes remote batteries daily

AFAIK the UEC will not replace the Pace. They will operate exactly the same. Windows 3.1 on a Core2 will always be Windows 3.1.
Look what they made, they made it for me, happy technology.