Forum > Content > General > Announcement about e.tv channels
Old 2017-05-16 , 10:29
MultiChoice

Default Announcement about e.tv channels

DStv customers get more entertainment

On Wednesday, 17 May, DStv customers will get even more entertainment as we add four new e.tv channels to the DStv family. These channels are eMovies+ (Channel 138), eMovies Extra (Channel 140), eExtra (Channel 195) and eToonz+ (Channel 311). Three of these channels will be available in crystal clear HD: eMovies+, eMovies Extra and eExtra.

These channels offer a broad range of entertainment, which will give our customers a more expansive viewing experience. The shows will appeal to the entire family: eToonz+ offers a safe and sunny space for the kids; eMovies Extra packs a punch with robust action movies; eExtra gives mom a chance to tune into telenovelas and the rest of the family can enjoy sitcoms; while eMovies+ offers an escape with the stars.

“We’re always on the lookout for ways to add more value to each of our DStv packages – it’s about offering our customers the best entertainment in one place. These e.tv channels, of which three are in HD, will bring hours of viewing delight to the whole family,” commented Mark Rayner, CEO of MultiChoice South Africa.

eMovies+ (Channel 138) and eMovies Extra (Channel 140) will be available to DStv Access, Family, Compact, Extra and Premium customers. eExtra (Channel 195) and eToonz+ (Channel 311) will be available to DStv EasyView, Access, Family, Compact, Extra and Premium customers.

The addition of three more HD channels means that customers on the DStv EasyView package will now have access to three HD channels, DStv Access customers will have seven, DStv Family 12, DStv Compact 21, DStv Extra 26 and DStv Premium 41.

The schedule for these channels will be available From Wednesday, 17 May on DStv.com or the TV Guide on your decoder.
Old 2017-05-16 , 11:06
Changes remote batteries daily

Picked them up yesterday by accident via a normal antenna channnel scan. Yes I still have 2 of those on the roof
40Mb VDSL (ISP AH Capped Unshaped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)
Old 2017-05-16 , 11:32
Knows how to use a remote

Smile Toldja!

Hoe se Thinus altyd?

Toldja....

See this thread: http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php...light=channels

Any how, this is good news for lower packages.
I know this channels is available for free, I still feel it will add value to lower packages like Access and Easyview.
Old 2017-05-16 , 11:51
MultiChoice

Pls remember that while the channels are free to air, adding them to the DStv platform is not free.

But yes we agree with you, these channels will add a lot of value to our EasyView and Access customers. I've seen the line up and I think customers on other packages will also find some great stuff they would like to watch. So win-win for everyone.
Old 2017-05-16 , 11:54

Will they only be added to the EPG/Channel List tonight? What time do they start broadcasting?
DSTV Explora (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI Picture and Audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. RF connection from Explora & HDPVR 2P to bedroom for Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-05-16 , 13:08
MultiChoice

They're starting broadcasting tomorrow morning. So EPG, channel list and TV Guide is only added when the channels go live.

I know e.tv has published a list of highlights on their website. Else look out on the DStv TV guides on DStv.com and the DStv Now app from tomorrow, and also on your TV guide on the decoder.
Old 2017-05-17 , 07:26
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke7777 View Post
Picked them up yesterday by accident via a normal antenna channnel scan. Yes I still have 2 of those on the roof
Surely not on the standard old analogue tuning as this sounds? I'll be most surprised if it is, can't see them adding something to the busy UHF band at this late stage with analogue being phased out
Maybe you mean on a TV with a digital tuner, the channels have been on the DTT test service for a long time.

For those who've already checked this morning - HD receiving decoders are still being set up sometime this morning, SD decoders were updated late last night. If nothing by lunchtime try a re-tune in the Satellite Settings \ Home Network menu (Explora) followed by a reboot for good measure.
Old 2017-05-17 , 07:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Surely not on the standard old analogue tuning as this sounds? I'll be most surprised if it is, can't see them adding something to the busy UHF band at this late stage with analogue being phased out
Maybe you mean on a TV with a digital tuner, the channels have been on the DTT test service for a long time.
Old SABC and 'Mnet' antennas outside. TV gave the options to scan both digital and analogue, The eTV stuff came in on the digital portion, although picture was breaking up badly. Never noticed it before, since my normal scans on other TVs are analogue only. Not concerned, since I can't see myself watching these on DStV either
40Mb VDSL (ISP AH Capped Unshaped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)
Old 2017-05-17 , 08:00
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke7777 View Post
Old SABC and 'Mnet' antennas outside. TV gave the options to scan both digital and analogue, The eTV stuff came in on the digital portion, although picture was breaking up badly. Never noticed it before, since my normal scans on other TVs are analogue only. Not concerned, since I can't see myself watching these on DStV either
Aah, thought so, thanks for the clarity

Personally I'll be making good use of the channels, always on the lookout for movies I've wanted that haven't been found on the mainstream channels yet.

BTW, for any foreign visitors to the forum that may ask - I haven't checked yet if some or all of these new channels are available beyond SA & Lesotho. Possibly not, 194 isn't (other countries have their own version), but that setup doesn't necessarily affect these other channels.
Mods?
Old 2017-05-17 , 08:18

I looked on the epg. Some of the movies looks interesting

Explora
Tags
e.tv channels, new channels