Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > Vuzu Amp EPG resulting in failed recordings
Old 2017-05-10 , 12:44
MultiChoice

Thanks for reporting that Krugie - have raised it with the M-Net team.
Old 2017-05-10 , 20:27
Changes remote batteries daily

Let me just start off by saying that obviously this problem lies with M-Net and not MC (and most definitely MoM is not to blame) - but despite me giving almost 6 hours notice my recordings still failed tonight due to these 1 minute EPG issues.

I'm sorry to say but this is no longer what I expect from a Premium service. It is not worth anywhere near R900 a month and most certainly at the very least we should not be charged the additional Access fees until these EPG issues and the Explora series recording issues have been resolved.

I see no benefit or value at the moment in terms of being able to record on my Explora. Every night when I get home I have the same issues and failed recordings and I see no end in sight. These EPG issues should be something that is resolved for once and for all within a day (or someone should be fired) - not months and months of constantly reporting the same issues. I am a very unhappy customer at the moment.
DSTV Explora (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI Picture and Audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. RF connection from Explora & HDPVR 2P to bedroom for Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-05-11 , 07:57

And more of the same tonight on M-Net...

16:59, 17:59, 18:29, 19:29, 20:29, ...all the way up to midnight.
DSTV Explora (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI Picture and Audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. RF connection from Explora & HDPVR 2P to bedroom for Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-05-11 , 08:02
MultiChoice

@Krugie - it breaks my heart that we are disappointing you at the moment. Have sent your comments to senior execs. And will let you know if they have any direct feedback for you.
Pls know that there are many people here who are very committed to get it right for you and our other customers.
Old 2017-05-11 , 10:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
@Krugie - it breaks my heart that we are disappointing you at the moment. Have sent your comments to senior execs. And will let you know if they have any direct feedback for you.
Pls know that there are many people here who are very committed to get it right for you and our other customers.
Thanks MoM. I have now deleted ALL my series recordings (and there were many!) and set everything manually which took a very long time but this is the only option as things stand. As mentioned above, the same 1-minute issue is once again occurring tonight.
Old 2017-05-11 , 10:35
Changes remote batteries daily. Has an entire thread named after her.

So things are now getting a bit weird. Ep 8 of New Girl failed to record last night, see photo with Cancelled due to Conflict. I could not see an EPG change, so not actually sure why it failed.

But 2 interesting things:

1. Photo 2 at 18:36 still shows the failed recording at 17:30 scheduled to record.
2. Photo 3 of failed recordings this morning, no longer reflects New Girl ep 8.

new girl 1.jpg

new girl 2.jpg

new girl 3.jpg
Old 2017-05-11 , 10:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post
So things are now getting a bit weird. Ep 8 of New Girl failed to record last night, see photo with Cancelled due to Conflict. I could not see an EPG change, so not actually sure why it failed.

But 2 interesting things:

1. Photo 2 at 18:36 still shows the failed recording at 17:30 scheduled to record.
2. Photo 3 of failed recordings this morning, no longer reflects New Girl ep 8.

If you record The Great Indoors on M-Net then that is the reason New Girl failed - that is what happened on my side.

The Great Indoors was changed to start from 18:00 to 17:59. Due to the current Explora bug your scheduled recording initially stayed at 18:00 showing no conflict but close to the actual recording time (I believe this happens once the i-Plate updates) the Explora picks up that it is now starting a minute earlier and therefore a conflict arises even though the scheduled list still shows 18:00.
Old 2017-05-11 , 10:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
If you record The Great Indoors on M-Net then that is the reason New Girl failed - that is what happened on my side.

The Great Indoors was changed to start from 18:00 to 17:59. Due to the current Explora bug your scheduled recording initially stayed at 18:00 showing no conflict but close to the actual recording time (I believe this happens once the i-Plate updates) the Explora picks up that it is now starting a minute earlier and therefore a conflict arises even though the scheduled list still shows 18:00.
And unless the EPG gets changed/corrected, the same will happen tonight if you are recording The Goldbergs(17:59) - either that or New Girl Episode 10 is going to fail - whichever has the lowest priority in your series recordings list.
Old 2017-05-11 , 10:51
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post

A bit confused Krugie.

What was the setting of the great Indoors? 18:00 to 18:30?

Did this then get changed at the last minute to 18:00 to 17:59?
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2017-05-11 , 10:51
MultiChoice

Just to let you know, I had an extensive meeting with the channel director and technical director (as well as some other members of their scheduling teams), with our team from Broadcast Technology.

M-Net has made a very clear and firm commitment to eliminate these kind of issues and to not mess with the EPG within 7 days of broadcast, and only 2 or 1 day within broadcast for Express from the US.

I don't want to go into all the details of different systems talking to each other and the various complexities to get it right for customers with all decoders. Please be assured that I am in constant contact directly with the channel director of M-Net (have already shared your most recent posts) and he is very committed to work with us to get this right.

We can only apologise profusely for your experience at the moment - we're working to get this right. Thank you for giving us the chance to do so.