Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > Press release: DStv Explora is the TV Gadget of the Year for 2016
Old 2017-04-30 , 01:54
Changes remote batteries daily

There are some awfully good solutions out there made by people who really know what they are doing.

It just takes somewhere here to realise that we don't have to keep reinventing the wheel.

Do you think the Sky Q box is done in house? Of course not.

https://newsroom.cisco.com/press-rel...icleId=1735678
Old 2017-04-30 , 08:56
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
It just takes somewhere here to realise that we don't have to keep reinventing the wheel.
We did get an answer to that once, can't remember if it was on the forum. In a nutshell as best as I understood it, there's a problem with using existing tech and securing complete control over it which is why they have to go their own way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanP View Post
...the only addition I would really like is accessing recording from the playlist away from home.
That would be really nice. Hope that at least is under some consideration. And I'm still hoping some sort of thin client system will be offered one day.
Old 2017-04-30 , 12:28
Knows how to use a remote

Very happy with my Explora. The user interface is miles better than the HD PVR.

What I like most is the replay button and how responsive it is. Great for sport or when I missed something in the dialogue.

Also the create manual recording function is great for "bundling" subsequent shows into a single recording.
Old 2017-04-30 , 12:51
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax View Post
Very happy with my Explora. The user interface is miles better than the HD PVR.
That is a matter of opinion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax View Post
What I like most is the replay button and how responsive it is. Great for sport or when I missed something in the dialogue.

Also the create manual recording function is great for "bundling" subsequent shows into a single recording.
If you knew how to use the older decoders you would know that this has always been available! We called it the ability to set TBRs. If you never used it then you missed out!

Both are pretty poor reasons for crying support for the Exploras over the older decoders ....
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15