Forum > Decoders > Installation > Delay response on Explora
Old 2017-04-20 , 15:50
Still listens to the wireless

Default Delay response on Explora

Good day. Im needing some advice on a issue im having with an Explora2. The decoder is not responding very well to the remote. Sometimes the Explora does not respond at all, and sometimes it takes 2 or 3 presses on the remote to respond.

I have discovered that if I cover the Explora with a cloth, the decoder responds perfectly. The decoder has been tested at Multichoice annd worked perfect. Multichoice also exchanged the decoder.

What can the problem be?

Thanks!
Old 2017-04-20 , 15:57
Changes remote batteries hourly

Welcome :-)

It's not an installation issue, if you look in the Remotes forum section you'll find some old threads about what can cause remote interference. But basically it can range from where the sun is, to the type of TV you're using as some can cause interference, to fluorescent lighting and other electronic equipment etc.

You'll have to experiment by moving things around and setting up other ways to try block anything unwanted from a particular direction, and trying to determine the cause item.
Old 2017-04-20 , 16:01

Thank you Optimist for the quick response. Will give it a try.
Old 2017-04-20 , 16:31
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyDee View Post
Good day. Im needing some advice on a issue im having with an Explora2. The decoder is not responding very well to the remote. Sometimes the Explora does not respond at all, and sometimes it takes 2 or 3 presses on the remote to respond.

I have discovered that if I cover the Explora with a cloth, the decoder responds perfectly. The decoder has been tested at Multichoice annd worked perfect. Multichoice also exchanged the decoder.

What can the problem be?

Thanks!
So why did MC change the decoder if there were no problems with it?
Is it the only decoder you have? If so check on the remote control settings on the decoder. It may help to ensure the decoder only responds to one TV mode with all other settings set to ignore. No settings should be set to "relay".

After that you will have to follow Optimist's suggestion to try and eliminate external interference possibilities.

One we had that confounded us for a while was the location of 2 mirrors on our lounge/dining room area. A crazy reflection occurred between the remote the 2 mirrors and the decoder drove us nuts until we realized what was happening. Moved the one mirror and the problem went away.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2017-04-20 , 16:34
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

my quick advise is to change the Tv picture mode settings or black light settings or energy settings,this could be the cause.
Old 2017-04-20 , 16:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
So why did MC change the decoder if there were no problems with it?
Is it the only decoder you have? If so check on the remote control settings on the decoder. It may help to ensure the decoder only responds to one TV mode with all other settings set to ignore. No settings should be set to "relay".

After that you will have to follow Optimist's suggestion to try and eliminate external interference possibilities.

One we had that confounded us for a while was the location of 2 mirrors on our lounge/dining room area. A crazy reflection occurred between the remote the 2 mirrors and the decoder drove us nuts until we realized what was happening. Moved the one mirror and the problem went away.
Hi Geoff. Yes its the only decoder. Explora set to respond on remote 1 only. Others are ignore.

Switched off all surrounding electronics. Still the same. Works perfect although with dish cloth over the decoder. Think it might be sunlight reflecting on Explora.
Old 2017-04-24 , 09:34
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

I still believe its a Tv interference with the remote sensor. switching off the Tv set and pressing changing channels , does the decoder respond quicker to the remote control.
Old 2017-04-25 , 17:04
Changes remote batteries moderately.

On my Explora 2A, I have the same problem as the original poster since the most recent software update. (The decoder very nearly became part of the wall.)

My current workaround is to use an old Explora 1 remote instead of the new 2A remote that lights up.

Last edited by Patrick No 1; 2017-04-25 at 17:07. .
Old 2017-04-25 , 17:30
Technical Myriad

Increased sensitivity to remote commands??? Why would MC believe that is a nec change in the sw?

Different coding scheme used wit the new remotes? More susceptible to interference?

We need a few tests done by those with the new remotes.

Dishcloth over the decoder means possibly two things:

(1) a reduction in possible interference which most of us so far have assumed to be the case, or;
(2) attenuation to make up for the increased sensitivity of the IR detector.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2017-04-25 , 19:19

Update. Relocated tv and Explora to adjacent wall in lounge. All working perfect now.