Old 2017-04-01 , 20:34
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
In particular, this item needs comment from those of us long familiar with it;

This was a previously known bug, was fixed, and is one of a number of bugs that appear to have recently resurfaced. (Fortunately a first with Exploras that I've experienced in my years
of using it.)
A reboot did sort it out before.

So I would like to further suggest that all unexpected behaviours be passed on to the dev team for their assessment as well.

It's good to see this level of feedback and effort.

EDIT: A bit more about reboots for other readers:
Typical of all decoders, a hard reboot (power off) seems most effective with resetting of problems.
Then a soft reboot (on Exploras, holding in the f/p (front panel's) or RCU's (remote's) power button).
And for the Exploras, the daily automatic maintenance reboot is sometimes less effective still for resetting.
Hi Optimist

Glad we could assist. Note that all the relevant teams will be involved in order to assist with any issues.
Old 2017-04-02 , 08:05
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Pamela View Post
Hi Simon

If both were available, pushVOD should expire first then pullVOD later.
Got that, but from a user point of view, I don't need to know where it's coming from. If I have enabled pullVOD, then I'm only interested in the later expiry date. At the moment it's confusing.
Old 2017-04-03 , 07:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Got that, but from a user point of view, I don't need to know where it's coming from. If I have enabled pullVOD, then I'm only interested in the later expiry date. At the moment it's confusing.
Hi Simon

We hear you. You can press the CU button on your DStv remote, go to Series - press Options and select Ready To Watch. It will show both your downloaded content and the normal CU content.
Old 2017-04-03 , 08:44

Quote:
We hear you. You can press the CU button on your DStv remote, go to Series - press Options and select Ready To Watch. It will show both your downloaded content and the normal CU content.
Too many button presses ;-)

Edit : That's why downloaded titles should also appear on the playlist. As I've mentioned elsewhere.

Last edited by Simon; 2017-04-03 at 08:46. .
Old 2017-04-03 , 09:09

Quote:
Too many button presses ;-)

Edit : That's why downloaded titles should also appear on the playlist. As I've mentioned elsewhere.
Noted. We'll pass your suggestions to the relevant teams.
Old 2017-04-03 , 10:35

Quote:
Noted. We'll pass your suggestions to the relevant teams.
Thanks very much.
Old 2017-04-03 , 11:41
Still gets up to change channels

I do not want to hijack this thread but I have a similar problem with CatchUp PLUS. The problem does not occur with CatchUp or recorded programs. The problem: On the CathUp screen, when I select to watch a downloaded program, the video and sound freezes. The menu is visible for about 2 seconds, the play icon in the right top corner appear and the screen returns to the channel (now freezed) I was watching.
When I stop the program I'm supposed to be watching, the catchup screen reappears showing a watched tick.
I can change the channels but only the decoder responds with the channel number.Visuals still freezed and no sound,
A reboot bring the picture and sound back. If I try again after rebooting, the same happens rendering CatchUp Plus useless for me.
The problem started about 10 days ago.
Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited by OuToppie; 2017-04-03 at 11:46. .
Old 2017-04-03 , 12:26
Changes remote batteries hourly

Your symptoms are a more unique behaviour, and that's not correcting itself. My opinion is that there's maybe some sort of corruption, perhaps the harddrive itself.

Probably not the kind of thing that can be resolved here, I suggest taking the decoder in to a service centre (an agency is not going to be as capable).
If you have one or more other decoders in your setup, keep that running while this one is taken in. Also a good idea to first watch the most important recordings on it, if you can.
Old 2017-04-03 , 12:43

Quote:
Thanks very much.
Only a pleasure.
Old 2017-04-03 , 14:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuToppie View Post
I do not want to hijack this thread but I have a similar problem with CatchUp PLUS. The problem does not occur with CatchUp or recorded programs. The problem: On the CathUp screen, when I select to watch a downloaded program, the video and sound freezes. The menu is visible for about 2 seconds, the play icon in the right top corner appear and the screen returns to the channel (now freezed) I was watching.
When I stop the program I'm supposed to be watching, the catchup screen reappears showing a watched tick.
I can change the channels but only the decoder responds with the channel number.Visuals still freezed and no sound,
A reboot bring the picture and sound back. If I try again after rebooting, the same happens rendering CatchUp Plus useless for me.
The problem started about 10 days ago.
Any help will be appreciated.
Hi OuToppie

Iíll need certain info on your decoder in order to assist accordingly. Under download manager, go to the affected titles and press info. Then send me the screen-shots which include all the info on the specific titles, Iíll forward it to our tech team to look into and advise.