Old 2017-03-27 , 15:49
Changes remote batteries daily

Default Catch Up Crash

Here's a strange one ... pictures being worth a thousand words.

Little Big Lies. Episode 3. Downloaded.

Selected as below.

IMG_1046.jpg

Pressed OK. Then ...

IMG_1047.jpg

Decoder stops responding to arrow keys and ok button. Pressed the Catchup button and returned to the Catchup menu. Could only watch this episode from the download manager.
Old 2017-03-27 , 22:07
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Here's a strange one ... pictures being worth a thousand words.

Little Big Lies. Episode 3. Downloaded.

Selected as below.

Attachment 7519

Pressed OK. Then ...

Attachment 7522

Decoder stops responding to arrow keys and ok button. Pressed the Catchup button and returned to the Catchup menu. Could only watch this episode from the download manager.
Hi Simon

Kindly reset the decoder and try accessing the episode again via CU. Then confirm if this works, if not I'll let the team know.
Old 2017-03-27 , 22:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Pamela View Post
Hi Simon

Kindly reset the decoder and try accessing the episode again via CU. Then confirm if this works, if not I'll let the team know.
I've just informed the CU team, and they will try to replicate the error on this end. Look out for my response.
Old 2017-03-28 , 07:33

Ok. It looks like the following problem.

New decoder, Catchup items not yet pushed to decoder. So, items downloaded using Catchup Plus.

Then, items arrived via Catchup and it all went wrong.

Episodes 1-4 were downloaded although Episodes 2-4 were later available on CatchUp.

Notice in the photo below how the episodes are out of order. Also, the watched ticks have strange behaviour too.

Episodes 1-3 were watched.

The tick on 1 disappeared when the download was deleted (it should remain).
The tick on 4 never appeared, even though this episode was watched as a download.

Episode 2 indicates expiring, which is odd, as it is available on Catchup Plus.

IMG_1049.jpg
Old 2017-03-29 , 19:46

Quote:
Ok. It looks like the following problem.

New decoder, Catchup items not yet pushed to decoder. So, items downloaded using Catchup Plus.

Then, items arrived via Catchup and it all went wrong.

Episodes 1-4 were downloaded although Episodes 2-4 were later available on CatchUp.

Notice in the photo below how the episodes are out of order. Also, the watched ticks have strange behaviour too.

Episodes 1-3 were watched.

The tick on 1 disappeared when the download was deleted (it should remain).
The tick on 4 never appeared, even though this episode was watched as a download.

Episode 2 indicates expiring, which is odd, as it is available on Catchup Plus.

Attachment 7528
Hi Simon

We need to check when last your CU loaded. Please check the VOD status and send screenshots of the CU and CU+ and BO pages. Press the HELP button, scroll down to GENERAL INFORMATION, INFORMATION CENTRAL, then press OK on the first line of info (decoder info), scroll down to VOD STATUS; you should be able to get the CU and BO status then kindly send pictures to us.

Also check the last your decoder rebooted. Press Help, General Information, Information Central then OK. Once there press the info button, you'll get info about the decoder's last reboot. Let us know to assist accordingly.
Old 2017-03-31 , 12:48

Quote:
Also check the last your decoder rebooted. Press Help, General Information, Information Central then OK. Once there press the info button, you'll get info about the decoder's last reboot. Let us know to assist accordingly.
Hi Pamela,

I got to watch the shows, so not the end of the world. Just described what happened. The decoder was brand new from Multichoice, but I did check that it had the latest software first.

I'm sure the issue is easy to replicate on your side. Get a clean decoder (no catchup). Download some shows with Catchup Plus and wait for the Catchup shows to get populated. See what happens when you try to watch the shows.

Edit : Notice also that the order of episodes gets messed up after watching on Catchup. There's a picture earlier.
Old 2017-03-31 , 20:12

Quote:
Hi Pamela,

I got to watch the shows, so not the end of the world. Just described what happened. The decoder was brand new from Multichoice, but I did check that it had the latest software first.

I'm sure the issue is easy to replicate on your side. Get a clean decoder (no catchup). Download some shows with Catchup Plus and wait for the Catchup shows to get populated. See what happens when you try to watch the shows.

Edit : Notice also that the order of episodes gets messed up after watching on Catchup. There's a picture earlier.
Hi Simon

I escalated the issues you had to our decoder support team. And this is what they had to say on the matter.

Re-ordering of assets/titles

This is a known issue which the dev team is currently looking at. The main root cause is that sometimes after watching CU assets that are stacked and stopping playback after catalogue update UI does not re-order assets accordingly. Exiting the stacked folder and accessing it again will re-order it according to order.

Delete option available when trying to watch an asset

Looks like the decoder software state is just went pear shaped. Kindly confirm if you tried to reboot the decoder. If the reboot does not help can you can try reset to factory defaults ONLY to force the software state to normal. Please take note of your Satellite Settings and UHF settings if you have XtraView or using a communal dish as they will be set to default.

Tick on Ep 1 disappeared after deleting download

This is strange as this should always be available. We had this issue before but it was fixed, the decoder support team will have to check with the dev team to confirm if it has regressed in the latest release.

Tick never appeared on Ep 4 after download was watched

Dev team is working on a fix for this one. Sometimes the return call from middleware is slow so that UI can update context of the watched tick.

Ep2 shows as expiring even though it's available on CU+

If Ep2 is pushVOD then it makes sense that it expires, but there is no indication of it being a pullVOD asset as stated below that itís available on CU+.
Old 2017-03-31 , 21:04
Changes remote batteries hourly

In particular, this item needs comment from those of us long familiar with it;

Quote:
Delete option available when trying to watch an asset

Looks like the decoder software state is just went pear shaped. Kindly confirm if you tried to reboot the decoder. If the reboot does not help can you can try reset to factory defaults ONLY to force the software state to normal. Please take note of your Satellite Settings and UHF settings if you have XtraView or using a communal dish as they will be set to default.
This was a previously known bug, was fixed, and is one of a number of bugs that appear to have recently resurfaced. (Fortunately a first with Exploras that I've experienced in my years
of using it.)
A reboot did sort it out before.

So I would like to further suggest that all unexpected behaviours be passed on to the dev team for their assessment as well.

It's good to see this level of feedback and effort.

EDIT: A bit more about reboots for other readers:
Typical of all decoders, a hard reboot (power off) seems most effective with resetting of problems.
Then a soft reboot (on Exploras, holding in the f/p (front panel's) or RCU's (remote's) power button).
And for the Exploras, the daily automatic maintenance reboot is sometimes less effective still for resetting.

Last edited by Optimist; 2017-03-31 at 22:42. .
Old 2017-04-01 , 08:06

Quote:
Ep2 shows as expiring even though it's available on CU+

If Ep2 is pushVOD then it makes sense that it expires, but there is no indication of it being a pullVOD asset as stated below that itís available on CU+.
Thanks for all the feedback. I do appreciate it.

I didn't manually do a reboot, and am not in a position to check the titles again, unfortunately.

As to the episode expiry, it doesn't make sense. The software should check for the last expiry date and if a "pullVOD asset" is available, surely that should override?
Old 2017-04-01 , 20:30

Quote:
Thanks for all the feedback. I do appreciate it.

I didn't manually do a reboot, and am not in a position to check the titles again, unfortunately.

As to the episode expiry, it doesn't make sense. The software should check for the last expiry date and if a "pullVOD asset" is available, surely that should override?
Hi Simon

If both were available, pushVOD should expire first then pullVOD later.