Forum > Decoders > Installation > 3 Way XtraView
Old 2017-03-31 , 14:40
Still gets up to change channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Yes, after the SLX splitter. And yes all TVs NOT equipped with tvLINKs and connected to the SLX RF distribution require DC blocks.
[QUOTE=Flipster;338629]Hi guys,

Thanks for the info provided thus far.

I will try and source a SLX this weekend and revert back.

For the combiner should I look for 1 with DC POWER PASS on 2 legs?(I'm not to familiar with these)

Cant I wire two SLX splitters in parallel? depending on the SLX lets presume I get a 2 in 4 out. so from the Main Explora RF out to a T Piece, the two wires from the T to input port 1 on both SLX's. The 2 bedroom decoders linked via T Piece or combiner into a T Piece, 2 wires from the T piece connected to the input port 2 on both SLX's?

Don't know if this will overload the decoders power supply, maybe for this two individual PSU's to power the SLX's and links with TV link power turned off on the decoders?

I came across a 3 in 1 out SLX for R469

Can my theory on the SLX work? if using the 3 in 1 out wont connecting the output port of the 3x1 SLX to a T, 2 wires from the T to inputs on 2 1 in 4 out SLX's.

if this wil work you should have 8 RF viewing points, with DC blocks on the RF feeds where the decoders are? so 5 points capable of handling a tv link and controlling all decoders
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3 in 1 out.jpg (81.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 3 in 1 out pic 2.jpg (80.4 KB, 9 views)
Old 2017-03-31 , 14:46

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
(1) You do not have to power the SLX splitters from the decoder, especially if you intend to power up 7 or 8 tvLINKs plus power 2 SLX splitters. It may be better to get separate power supplies for the SLXs in this case.

(2) It is always about cascading too many splitters, because each time you do that you cut the RF power by half, which may lead to rather poor RF signals reaching the distant end TVs.

(3) Similarly in the reverse direction, The more splits there are, the worse the control signals coming from the distant end tvLINKs is going to be.

Have a look at this site for what is available from Space TV
http://www.spacetv.co.za/pages/produ...-splitters.php

One possible solution would be to get the SLX3X2 splitter and then feed 2 1 x 4 SLX splitters to give you the 7 ports you are looking for.

the other at would be use the A28D/LTE unit to feed all the rooms you need to feed, fed from the 2 inputs, one directly from the Explora and the other fed from the two decoders via a T-piece. This last option is a cleaner better option as it has a built in power supply, meaning no power drain from the decoders and is labelled as compatible with XV. this unit is claimed to be able to feed 16 rooms with tvLINKs.

Attachment 7546
Your option seems much better and would be much cleaner of an install.
Old 2017-03-31 , 15:32
Technical Myriad

[QUOTE=Flipster;338656]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipster View Post
Hi guys,

Thanks for the info provided thus far.

I will try and source a SLX this weekend and revert back.

For the combiner should I look for 1 with DC POWER PASS on 2 legs?(I'm not to familiar with these)

Cant I wire two SLX splitters in parallel? depending on the SLX lets presume I get a 2 in 4 out. so from the Main Explora RF out to a T Piece, the two wires from the T to input port 1 on both SLX's. The 2 bedroom decoders linked via T Piece or combiner into a T Piece, 2 wires from the T piece connected to the input port 2 on both SLX's?

Don't know if this will overload the decoders power supply, maybe for this two individual PSU's to power the SLX's and links with TV link power turned off on the decoders?

I came across a 3 in 1 out SLX for R469

Can my theory on the SLX work? if using the 3 in 1 out wont connecting the output port of the 3x1 SLX to a T, 2 wires from the T to inputs on 2 1 in 4 out SLX's.

if this wil work you should have 8 RF viewing points, with DC blocks on the RF feeds where the decoders are? so 5 points capable of handling a tv link and controlling all decoders
The 3 in 2 out Space TV splitter I suggested is the big brother of the space TV 3 in 1 out splitter in the drawing you found. That will also work feeding 2 x 1 in 4 out SLX splitters as I suggested. With DC blocks on the connections going directly into RF In on TVs.

It depends on what you can get.

SLX-3X2.jpg3 in 1 out pic 2.jpg
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15

Last edited by Geoff D; 2017-03-31 at 15:41. .
Old 2017-04-01 , 12:06

Talking

[QUOTE=Geoff D;338665]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipster View Post

The 3 in 2 out Space TV splitter I suggested is the big brother of the space TV 3 in 1 out splitter in the drawing you found. That will also work feeding 2 x 1 in 4 out SLX splitters as I suggested. With DC blocks on the connections going directly into RF In on TVs.

It depends on what you can get.

Attachment 7552Attachment 7555
Thanks Geoff

Seems like you are always 1 or 2 ahead.

my plans to commence this weekend just fell through.

I will phone space on Monday see what they can offer me.

have a good weekend.