Forum > Decoders > Installation > Finally Going to do it ....
Old 2017-03-24 , 08:22
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Simon, I may be wrong as I haven't fully absorbed all the DStv Now options and details, but I'm under the impression that only 2 devices can be used concurrently. Perhaps Marietjie will see this and confirm or expand on it.
You're absolutely correct.

I will have 4 viewing environments with my new setup with 5 being the theoretical maximum.
Old 2017-03-24 , 09:24
MultiChoice

Folks that is correct - remember the devices are other than your decoder. This is the limitation on DStv Now app, not on Catch Up Plus which is only linked to your decoder.

So 4 devices registered against your Connect ID to use DStv Now, only 2 concurrent streams. Remember you can download on the app for later watching, so that will not count as a stream.
Old 2017-03-24 , 09:48
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
...only 2 concurrent streams. Remember you can download on the app for later watching, so that will not count as a stream.
Aah, missed this part. That's some good extra flexibility.
Old 2017-03-24 , 10:50

Quote:
Folks that is correct - remember the devices are other than your decoder. This is the limitation on DStv Now app, not on Catch Up Plus which is only linked to your decoder.
Catch Up Plus not available (yet?) on the DSTV Now App?

No pressure, but I trust we're still on track for the AirPlay/Chromecast soon. ;-)
Old 2017-03-24 , 10:52
MultiChoice

Folks the Catch Up that is available on the DStv Now app is exactly the same as Catch Up Plus. Same catalogue - different delivery mechanism. Catch Up Plus is only available via connected Explora and DStv Now has its own Catch Up online and on the app - on the app, you can download from Catch Up to watch later (not available online).

When Chromecast and Airplay comes on board in April sometime, that will then count as one of your concurrent streams.
Old 2017-03-24 , 11:00

Quote:
Folks the Catch Up that is available on the DStv Now app is exactly the same as Catch Up Plus. Same catalogue - different delivery mechanism. Catch Up Plus is only available via connected Explora and DStv Now has its own Catch Up online and on the app - on the app, you can download from Catch Up to watch later (not available online).
I think Optimist had a thread on the confusing terms.

On the website/app, it's referred to as CatchUp, which as you mention is actually CatchUp Plus.

Some consistency in terms would be useful. My understanding is that CatchUp Plus is only available with an internet connection which is an internet connected Explora, the App or the website. Might I humbly suggest that some renaming is in order?

Quote:
When Chromecast and Airplay comes on board in April sometime, that will then count as one of your concurrent streams.
Of course. Chromecast/Airplay are just methods to "throw" (that's the term) your mobile content onto a bigger display.
Old 2017-03-24 , 11:03
MultiChoice

On the website, it is not Catch Up Plus but Catch Up. Catch Up Plus is ONLY on the Explora.

We did get rid of the Catch Up Plus name but it caused too much confusion. We need the distinction so we can support our customers - Catch Up Plus is what you download to your Explora, Catch Up is what we download to your Explora.

Catch Up on DStv Now online and on the app is named just that - essentially we're able to offer an extended catalogue as this is internet based. We've simply aligned the Catch Up on DStv Now and Catch Up Plus catalogues but they are not the same thing (two separate servers and delivered differently).

Last edited by MC Marietjie; 2017-03-24 at 11:09. .
Old 2017-03-24 , 11:05

I think part of the problem is that normal CU is part of the online options' offerings.

Maybe it could all be referred to as "online catch up ". (Only an idea.)
Old 2017-03-24 , 11:11
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
I think part of the problem is that normal CU is part of the online options' offerings.

Maybe it could all be referred to as "online catch up ". (Only an idea.)
It is not normal Catch Up that is offered online - it is the same extended Catch Up that is on DStv Now. An extended Catch Up catalogue essentially as it is internet based.

Catch Up that we deliver to your decoder is constrained by the size of your harddrive on your decoder.
Old 2017-03-24 , 11:22

Quote:
It is not normal Catch Up that is offered online - it is the same extended Catch Up that is on DStv Now. An extended Catch Up catalogue essentially as it is internet based.
Ok, I have understood that then.
What I'm saying is that the all of the internet CU offering is the equivalent of the combined list of an Explora's CU and CU+.

So there's no such separate description terms with online CU, which in a sense makes online CU a unique structure - perhaps then requiring its own other (but related) label.

Not trying to complicate things, rather to simplify them Only by trying to adequately describe it in this post it may now look complicated.
I'll leave it there, thanks.