Forum > Decoders > Installation > DSTV WiFi connection problems with different IP address
Old 2017-03-28 , 08:53
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Have you tried to reset the Wi-Fi connector at the back and than try to set it up again.
have you tried to set the connector on Dynamic as to signing a static IP.
Old 2017-03-28 , 09:05
Still gets up to change channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Field Services View Post
Have you tried to reset the Wi-Fi connector at the back and than try to set it up again.
have you tried to set the connector on Dynamic as to signing a static IP.
Yes and yes.

As mentioned, we had it working when connecting via ethernet to my laptop - but as soon as we connected it back to the Explora, it would lose those settings.

Entering those exact same details manually, did nothing. In the router's interface, the Explora is 'seen', but it registers no data being transferred through it - similarly, over on the Explora, the device is checked as "connected to router", but it cannot connect to the internet.

We tried all sorts of DNS and IP address options (including toggling between manual and DHCP), with no luck.
As a last resort, we even connected an ethernet cable directly between the Wifi Connector and the Router, with no success...

As an aside, I have been impressed with DSTV's service. They called when they said they would, without fail. Had a chat with someone from Cape Town yesterday morning, they are prepared to come out to site to try and sort it out - I just need to get back to them with a time that I will be able to go in late one morning - hopefully next week.

Will pop something up then.

I am hoping that this is a simple case of getting the order right of resetting the Connector/rebooting the Explora/rebooting the router, to make something stick. They will be bringing a test unit along to confirm that the issue is not with the Connector or Explora.

The only thing I haven't tried is the Factory Reset - but the DSTV techie suggested we do that as a last resort, and when he is attendance, to fix things should anything go awry.
Old 2017-03-28 , 09:30

just wanna confirm that the DStv connector has both lights on stable white when connected to your explora ?
I would disable connected services and reboot the explora and than enable the connected services after its rebooted. if you have not tried this already
Old 2017-03-28 , 09:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Field Services View Post
just wanna confirm that the DStv connector has both lights on stable white when connected to your explora ?
I would disable connected services and reboot the explora and than enable the connected services after its rebooted. if you have not tried this already
Yes to the 1st.
Haven't tried the 2nd - is that an option under one of the menus? Will give that a go tonight if I can find it - thanks.
Old 2017-03-28 , 09:40

yes , menu blue button - settings - connected services .
Old 2017-03-28 , 09:43
Changes remote batteries hourly

BTW, please do give us feedback through to the end, it would then help us to help any others with the problem.

All the best with a quick resolution now :-)
Old 2017-03-28 , 09:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
BTW, please do give us feedback through to the end, it would then help us to help any others with the problem.

All the best with a quick resolution now :-)

Will do. Will also try the reset i.r.o. the connected services tonight.
Old 2017-03-28 , 10:34
Technical Myriad

Might have missed it but what operating system is on your computer? Not that this should influence anything between your router and the decoder.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2017-03-28 , 11:45
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Might have missed it but what operating system is on your computer? Not that this should influence anything between your router and the decoder.
Main one is a Macbook, was trying to resurrect a Win7 laptop to test
40Mb VDSL (ISP AH Capped Unshaped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)
Old 2017-03-28 , 12:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke7777 View Post
Main one is a Macbook, was trying to resurrect a Win7 laptop to test
Yes, thanks. Was interrupted by the DSTV call when trying to bring the Win 7 laptop to life [couldn't find the flippin' Ethernet connection option - think I needed to download drivers or something].

That said, as mentioned, despite it being macOS Sierra [ ], we managed to connect it to my MBP, and were able to surf the web - which, in my head at least, establishes that the Connector is still working, and something is happening between it/Explora and my Asus router...