Forum > Broadcast Errors > Broadcast Errors > 101: Catch - many issues
Old 2017-04-13 , 11:05
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Another example, to further help MC / M-Net see the extent of the problem and maybe help us all to somehow adjust to this changed scenario;

Last night's John Oliver show - the EPG had had it listed as being from 22:05 to 22:30 all along. I knew such a short slot was not possible so kept an eye on it.

Shortly before or during the recording the EPG updated to an end time of 22:43.
During the recording this was never reflected when examining the extended i-Plate of the scheduled recording itself. However the recording did seem to know about the change as it only ended @ 22:53 (10 min. end safety net included).

No problem for me as I had no recordings scheduled for hours afterwards, but if I did have it obviously would have caused a conflict which could have had serious results.
This behaviour is making it impossible for anyone to rely on the automation the Explora has been designed to offer.

As an aside, how is it possible that the EPG info could have been so wrong in the first place??
Conclusion - QA is still very poor, and I believe in this case on the channel's side. If we don't continue to pressurise for change then these unprofessional issues will cascade into terrible harm to the service.
We've discovered an issue in which the schedule times in the 'information' bar reflect old times, but the recording itself happens at the correct time, we've sent this to the decoder team. You are correct, M-Net is working on it's schedule timing issue.