Old 2017-02-13 , 08:36
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default The Blacklist

I have watched all the seasons of The Blacklist and there are times when you just feel like the earth should just open up and swallow you, but for continuity purposes, you have to sit there and suck it up.

However the one thing I always find refreshing is Red's dialogue, especially when he introspects. That being said, please someone tell them enough is enough, no more, they have squeezed the plot and there is nothing left.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 2017-02-13 , 09:32
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock4us2 View Post
That being said, please someone tell them enough is enough, no more, they have squeezed the plot and there is nothing left.
Couldn't agree more, I stopped watching it a few episodes ago. But I did watch one episode a few days ago as a "filler", was self-contained enough to do so.

However... there's a spin-off series starting next month so maybe it will refresh things enough - it called The Blacklist: Redemption, starting on Wed. 8 March on 101.
See M-Net, M-Net Edge, M-Net City and M-Net Family line-up for March 2017
Old 2017-02-13 , 11:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
The Blacklist: Redemption
Old 2017-02-13 , 11:32

Raymond 'Red' Reddington: Have you ever sailed across an ocean, Donald...
Donald Ressler: No.
Raymond 'Red' Reddington: ...on a sailboat, surrounded by sea with no land in sight, without even the possibility of sighting land for days to come? To stand at the helm of your destiny. I want that, one more time. I want to be in the Piazza del Campo in Siena. To feel the surge as 10 racehorses go thundering by. I want another meal in Paris, at L'Ambroisie, at the Place des Vosges. I want another bottle of wine. And then another. I want the warmth of a woman and a cool set of sheets. One more night of jazz at the Vanguard. I want to stand on the summits and smoke Cubans and feel the sun on my face for as long as I can. Walk on the Wall again. Climb the Tower. Ride the River. Stare at the Frescos. I want to sit in the garden and read one more good book. Most of all I want to sleep. I want to sleep like I slept when I was a boy. Give me that, just one time. That's why I won't allow that punk out there to get the best of me, let alone the last of me.

SUCH AMAZING WRITING DOESNT NEED A SPIN OFF.

Last edited by rock4us2; 2017-02-13 at 11:46. .
Old 2017-02-13 , 11:41
Changes remote batteries hourly

A fascinating character / actor
We still miss Boston Legal, he was even better in that IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock4us2 View Post
SUCH AMAZING WRITE DOESNT NEED A SPIN OFF.
True, but as discussed, the rest of the storyline sure could do with it...
Old 2017-02-13 , 14:04

Most series, when they start to slip, instead of building on the basic formula that made them great; they think the viewers want them to change the formula completely and end up killing their own show. Many have gone the same way e.g. Person of Interest.
Old 2017-02-13 , 14:07

They should never have run that whole Kirkman side plot. It was enjoyable just going thru the Blacklisters and wondering how many there are.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk