Forum > Decoders > Standard Decoders > LM Radio on DSD4136
Old 2017-02-09 , 11:10
Knows how to use a remote

Default LM Radio on DSD4136

It was explained in a previous post why one cannot listen to LM Radio on the DSD4136, even though it is listed along with the DMX channels etc. LM Radio is on 12073H.

Please refresh my memory why LM Radio cannot be heard on the DSD4136?

By the way, one can watch the Satelio Promo Channel on 12565V which is higher up the dial...
Old 2017-02-09 , 11:27
Changes remote batteries hourly

Jack, MC have not allowed for accessing other platforms on any of their decoders for a number of years now.
I'm not sure how you could possibly have found a way to do so with Satelio, but that's likely to just cause chaos with the system so I would strongly suggest you remove its and any other foreign network settings, rather use a FTA decoder for that kind of access.

Yes, as it happens LM Radio is also part of the DStv service these days.
When you're in the DMX Music section, just scroll right down to channel 821 and press the OK button.
Not sure why you would be struggling to access that on a 4136 HD Decoder?
Old 2017-02-09 , 11:41

More questions etc. to try help in advance, I'm only here for a few more hours.
Sorry for the obvious here, but you've not given much yet in terms of clues;

Have you tried accessing 821 directly by just pressing those number buttons?

Are you maybe confused with another decoder - I seem to recall it was possibly you getting "stuck" in the DMX section, but that shouldn't happen on this decoder.
But I think there was some other unrelated issue with DMX usage on it months ago.
Please clarify with details of what you experience if any of this relates.

Are you seeing an E16 error - if you're not on Premium, which package are you on - this audio channel may not be for all packages, although many are.

EDIT: I'll be away now, I'm sure others can help further.

Last edited by Optimist; 2017-02-09 at 15:25. . Reason: Update
Old 2017-02-09 , 16:13

Apologies Optimist: in relation to Satelio, I was confused with my FTA receiver - Satelio is obviously not available on DSD4136, it is on the SES5 satellite - doh!!

As far as I remember I can scroll down all the audio channels (DMX and open radio channels below it) and LM Radio is listed there, but there's an error message when I try play it. I will recheck tonight what message is shown.

We are still on the old (now extinct) Select2 bouquet...
Old 2017-02-10 , 10:47

Thought I'd pop in quickly in case you answered Jack, thanks for clearing that up and I think you've answered your own question now;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
We are still on the old (now extinct) Select2 bouquet...
Not quite extinct, just frozen so nothing new has been added for years, and LM Radio is fairly new... It's probably available on everything but the Select packages, even EasyView has a lot of audio channels.

Until another time :-)
Old 2017-02-11 , 20:38

After a power reboot of the DSD4136, only the Select2 bouquet channels are listed. Only a few DMX channels, plus NNR on 835 and then BBC on 850 etc. LMRadio on 821 is not listed.

When I then manually select a non-Select2 channel e.g. 101, all DStv channels are subsequently listed, including LMRadio 821. When I select 821, the on-screen message states "this programme is not available in this country".
Old 2017-02-12 , 08:17
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
When I then manually select a non-Select2 channel e.g. 101, all DStv channels are subsequently listed
I tried this as well on the explora which works similarly to the 4136, I see it is a quick way to get to the All Channels bouquet. So thanks for this info and it is normal behaviour.

Quote:
When I select 821, the on-screen message states "this programme is not available in this country".
That could be a configuration fault, or, I think very likely, just the way they left it as Select does not need attention. The channel is probably not one for much outside South Africa which is then why that would be in place to start with.
Old 2017-02-14 , 16:17

According to the Audio Channels listing on

http://www.dstv.com/topic/compare-packages-20150713

LM Radio, plus all the other radio channels are available on all the currently active DStv bouquets. I am sure that, if I ask nicely, MC would activate those audio channels on Select2...please?
Old 2017-02-14 , 17:56
MultiChoice

Folks sorry Select does not get new channels as these packages have been discontinued since April 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2017-02-15 , 12:27

So MC recently adding eTV HD to Select2 cannot be used as a precedent?

At least LM Radio is available on SES5 FTA...