Forum > Customer service > Customer service > Price-lock option without explora
Old 2017-02-03 , 11:47
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default Price-lock option without explora

or any of the other additional thing like wifi/smartlnb/dish etc.

Does this exist?
Old 2017-02-03 , 12:35
MultiChoice

All our Price Lock deals include an Explora. The variables are the package, installation and inclusion of the DStv WiFi Connector.
The only deal on subscription at the moment, is that when you pay for 12 months up front, you get one month free.
If and when new deals become available, we'll be sure to post updates to the forum.
Old 2017-03-04 , 10:49
Knows how to use a remote

So as a loyal Explora subscriber (pretty much since the day it was released), I can't benefit from any price lock option?

Paying R11,000 upfront to get one month free is not an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2017-03-06 , 15:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Brenda View Post
All our Price Lock deals include an Explora. The variables are the package, installation and inclusion of the DStv WiFi Connector.
The only deal on subscription at the moment, is that when you pay for 12 months up front, you get one month free.
If and when new deals become available, we'll be sure to post updates to the forum.
Quick question on this (and apologies for the slight side track), but why does the Price Lock promo still have the old Explora and separate wifi dingy, rather than the new one which has it built in? If you were about to tie me in to a two year contract, I'd most certainly want the very latest technology and not feel like you were "dumping" old stock on me.
Old 2017-03-06 , 15:44

@MC:
My 24mth price lock comes to an end this month.
Expected a call from MC to renew or at least advise on the way forward but this didn't happen. I initiated the discussion and was told I need to send an email to cancel the 24mth contract, which is lapsing, otherwise I'd be double billed!??! The person I spoke with promised to send the relevant email address to me. Haven't received that.

So what gives? Why do I need to cancel? Who do I need to cancel with? I'm confused all around.

Also - surely MC understands that customers who have been paying R799 p/m with a subsidized explorer, access fee and the premium package are going to balk at forking out more for just the premium package + access fee going forward. These clients also don't want to pay an extra R100 per month to get an explorer and additions worth less than the R2400 extra. So MC really needs to consider a viable option for subscribers coming off the last 24mth dead cycle else there is a very good chance you'd lose them.

Thx,
SD

Last edited by steel_dog; 2017-03-06 at 15:47. .
Old 2017-03-06 , 17:22
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeII View Post
Quick question on this (and apologies for the slight side track), but why does the Price Lock promo still have the old Explora and separate wifi dingy, rather than the new one which has it built in? If you were about to tie me in to a two year contract, I'd most certainly want the very latest technology and not feel like you were "dumping" old stock on me.
Hi
The newer DStv Explora doesn't have built in WiFi - you also need to use the ethernet cable or WiFi Connector to connect it to the internet. Not sure about the image - but I will forward that onto the team.
Old 2017-03-07 , 06:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel_dog View Post
@MC:
My 24mth price lock comes to an end this month.
Expected a call from MC to renew or at least advise on the way forward but this didn't happen. I initiated the discussion and was told I need to send an email to cancel the 24mth contract, which is lapsing, otherwise I'd be double billed!??! The person I spoke with promised to send the relevant email address to me. Haven't received that.

So what gives? Why do I need to cancel? Who do I need to cancel with? I'm confused all around.

Also - surely MC understands that customers who have been paying R799 p/m with a subsidized explorer, access fee and the premium package are going to balk at forking out more for just the premium package + access fee going forward. These clients also don't want to pay an extra R100 per month to get an explorer and additions worth less than the R2400 extra. So MC really needs to consider a viable option for subscribers coming off the last 24mth dead cycle else there is a very good chance you'd lose them.

Thx,
SD

I'm sure you got some green call centre agent that didn't know what he/she was talking about. My 24 month contract ended last month and it was confirmed that this month will be a normal payment.. right MC Brenda?
Old 2017-03-07 , 12:24

Default price lock

Please need a bit of help with the price lock special just had a quote for additional work to set up and replace my sd pvr and hd pvr with an additional explora and hd decoder was quoted R3000.00 is that about right just for labour being in mind all the cables are there Thank you
Old 2017-03-07 , 13:46
MultiChoice | Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesley13 View Post
Please need a bit of help with the price lock special just had a quote for additional work to set up and replace my sd pvr and hd pvr with an additional explora and hd decoder was quoted R3000.00 is that about right just for labour being in mind all the cables are there Thank you
Hi,

You don't mention if you took up the Price Lock deal fully installed or the various particulars - please PM your information incl. contact details and MultiChoice customer details, and we will get back to you.

It honestly depends on your set up, and your existing cables and dish and switch will not work with the Explora so it does need to be replaced
Old 2017-03-09 , 13:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunB View Post

I'm sure you got some green call centre agent that didn't know what he/she was talking about. My 24 month contract ended last month and it was confirmed that this month will be a normal payment.. right MC Brenda?
Right MC Brenda?