Forum > Content > General > Death of a ladies' man
Old 2016-11-11 , 11:04
4K, baby!

Default Death of a ladies' man

Goodbye laughing Len, RIP.
One of my absolute favourite poet/musicians of all time
Cheers, K.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Laughing Len.jpg (265.0 KB, 27 views)
Old 2016-11-11 , 11:27
Changes remote batteries daily

Very sad day for me.. so many amazing artists left us this year already - it is a musical annus horribilis...
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2016-11-11 , 11:38
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
Very sad day for me.. so many amazing artists left us this year already - it is a musical annus horribilis...
Completely agree, Krugie!
Maybe we're just getting old
Cheers, K.
Old 2016-11-11 , 12:38
4K, baby!

Never was what I'd call a fan of Leonard Cohen but did like his song So Long Marianne. But yes, 2016 going down as a year when lots of "star" musicians have moved on. Leonard Cohen, Prince, Glen Frey of the Eagles and David Bowie. Those are just some that I can remember but I'm sure there are many others that can be added. All big stars. RIP.
Old 2016-11-11 , 13:21
MultiChoice

A true master with words! So sad.
Old 2016-11-11 , 13:28

I much confess to not being that familiar with Leonard Cohen, but he did strike me as being a little like Bob Dylan in that his strength was his songwriting, and sometimes his songs were done better by other people - Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah probably being the best-known example. But as Beetle said, this year has definitely been a bad one in terms of the loss of musical icons.
Old 2016-11-20 , 18:40
Knows how to use a remote

Anyone know if there is a tribute to the man on one of the channels??
If so please let me know.
Old 2016-11-20 , 19:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNDM View Post
Anyone know if there is a tribute to the man on one of the channels??
If so please let me know.
I have not seen anything being advertised. This is not surprising with the selection of music channels we have available though - I don't think any of them ever featured his music.

I can very strongly recommend his "Live in London" DVD though - not sure whether it is available on Blu-Ray as well - but the show just highlights his humbleness and talent.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2016-11-21 , 07:05
Knows how to use a remote

Thanks Krugie!
Old 2016-11-21 , 08:50
4K, baby!

Hi RNDM, Look out for BBC4's "Songs from the road". A compilation from his 2008/9 world tour. Simply Brilliant!

I'm unsure if it has been published on Blue Ray/DVD but has been available on the BBC iPlayer; though not currently.

I'm lucky enough to have a recording that a good mate of mine in the UK made for me, a couple of years ago when it was last broadcast.

It is likely to reappear soon, following his death.

Check out this YouTube complilation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jsNMXnwCiM

Cheers, K.

[EDIT] Just found Songs from the Road on DVD. Available on Amazon. K

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2016-11-21 at 09:01. .