Dankie Boet or is it Ouboet?
Enige van die 2 is reg
40Mb VDSL (ISP AH Capped Unshaped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)
Old 2016-08-07 , 16:59
Knows how to use a remote

My PVR2U has started to do this. At least once a day at about 9PM. Extremely annoying!
Old 2016-08-13 , 14:02

Any more updates on this? It is starting to seriously annoy me!
Old 2016-08-13 , 19:17
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Maybe you should reed through this thread as well http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php...2&goto=newpost
Old 2016-08-17 , 10:13
Still gets up to change channels

Hi all,

The software is planned for the Pace850 and Pace865 decoder models. Note that on one decoder investigation we found that the reboots were due to a Hardware fault even though the symptom appeared to be the same.

There will be no further software upgrades for the 2U decoder model.

Regards,
MC Strini
Old 2016-08-18 , 12:38

Hi All,

Can the users of the 2U/4U PVR (UEC 4660 and UEC 4880) that have a problem with reboots please revert to me with their smartcard number and contact number.

My email is mpho.mogopodi@multichoice.co.za

Regards,
MC Mpho
Old 2016-08-18 , 14:29
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mpho View Post
Hi All,

Can the users of the 2U/4U PVR (UEC 4660 and UEC 4880) that have a problem with reboots please revert to me with their smartcard number and contact number.

My email is mpho.mogopodi@multichoice.co.za

Regards,
MC Mpho
These reboots are a major problem. Happened twice, that I'm aware of within a twelve hour period. Once last night and again this morning. These are two that I'm aware of but there could have been more during the night. Awhile ago I complained about this problem and was advised to supply my details but I thought I'd wait for the "fix". However, now I see that no "fix" is going to be forthcoming so have sent MC Mpho an e-mail with my details hoping that something can be done to address this problem. Once and for all.

However, I am constantly amazed at how these types of problems are addressed by MC. Certainly, they help those of us with problems when we mention them on the Forum and perhaps some get assisted on Facebook and Twitter but what about the many others who don't frequent those sites? Are they expected to live with this problem? Do they just accept the poor service to themselves?

Surely MC should address this for all their subscribers and take the necessary steps to correct whatever the fault is on the respective decoder(s)? In this instance they know that there is a fault regarding the rebooting with the HD PVR 2U decoder, (I'm not the only one reporting it), so there must be many others with the same problem. To resolve this issue MC must either find a solution and implement it with a software upgrade, or whatever it would take to fix this problem for the decoders concerned, or advise, as has been done on the forum, all their subscribers owning the 2U decoder to contact them should they also be experiencing this problem. Similar to what MC Mpho has requested us to do. How difficult would it be for a programmer to obtain a schedule of subscribers on the DStv data base who own a HD 2U PVR and then send the message to them?

That would be good public relations and would perhaps also help those out there who are simply "living with the problem" as I have been doing. (cursing every time the blasted thing went into reboot mode).

Last edited by beetle bailey; 2016-08-18 at 14:34. .
Old 2016-08-24 , 11:02

Question Update this week

Hi
Any news of the 2P software update that was scheduled for this week
Old 2016-08-24 , 11:17
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Something that might be related ( and why I now do my own installs )

When I had my original SD-PVR installed, it rebooted randomly and regularly, I'm talking a good few times a day. After a trip to MC who verified the decoder was ok, I had a look at the cabling work that had been done. Therein was the problem

On the LNB side, a few strands of the braided shield of the cable were touching the centre core of the cable. Once cleaned up, the regular rebooting issue went away.

Might be worth having a look. Can't hurt