Forum > Content > Sport > Barclays English Premier League 2016-2017
Old 2017-05-16 , 13:38
4K, baby!

Hi BB, West Ham really had gone on holiday when they played your boys; whereas United played some "alternate" players, but at least they gave it a bit of a tonk!

I doubt Liverpool will lose to Middlesborough but, remember last year on the last day of the season when Spurs lost to Newcastle, to slip below the Gunners. Anything goes.

You mentioned the Community Shield; well it is a charitable day out at Wembley and without any of the real pressure of a League or regular cup game.

http://www.thefa.com/competitions/hi...the-money-goes

We'll go again this year if Arsenal win the FA cup; Had a ball in 2015 when we beat Chelski.

But all in all a poor season for the Gunners

Cheers, K
Old 2017-05-16 , 15:17
4K, baby!

Thanks for the reply Sandtonman. What I find such a pity, and perhaps even a total disregard for the supporters, is the way most clubs disregard these various competitions by playing fringe/junior players. Yet, I suspect, the ticket prices stay the same? You, and others, go to England at great expense to watch the club of your choice and then have to watch the "B" side play. Is that fair on the supporters? So, maybe sometimes players need to be rested, but I don't think this needs to be done to the extent that it's being done. The FA Cup is no longer the showpiece it once was. Or rather so it seems to me sitting here in South Africa. Clubs are now much more interested in getting into Europe at the expense of the FA Cup and the EPL Cup.

Regarding the West Ham match, let's say I agree that West Ham didn't turn up for the game on Sunday, but then I'm sure if we go back through the various matches throughout the season there will be many other games where a side hasn't turned up? In Arsenal's case I think Wenger is now looking for excuses to make up for his side MAYBE not making the top four? Yes, I agree 100% that Liverpool still have to beat Middlesborough and until they do so I'll still be sitting on eggs. I'm always expecting the worst from this current bunch of players.

Oh, thanks for the link to the Community Shield that you supplied. I have nothing against the match just that here to the clubs/managers don't seem to take the result too seriously and use it more like a friendly to blood in their new recruits.

Anyway those are my views and if necessary lets agree to disagree.
Old 2017-05-17 , 16:08
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Quite a turnaround in the Superbru League this weekend. Still a couple of games to go but someone not doing as well as expected and is in serious danger of losing out on both the league and head to head championship.
Relax, it makes the last weekend exciting...All part of the master plan. Check the log on Sunday evening...
Old 2017-05-17 , 20:14
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto View Post
Relax, it makes the last weekend exciting...All part of the master plan. Check the log on Sunday evening...
Looking at the leaderboard after last night's games I notice that you have closed the gap on Orange? I find this very strange as he scored, if I have it correct, more points than you did last night? Or have I got it wrong?

But it seems to be a straight fight between the two of you as to who is going to come out on top.
Old 2017-05-18 , 12:54
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Indeed sir.

It's all for the crowds...

Must admit, when you had a 7 point lead with two rounds left, I thought it was all over. Didn't reckon I'd get every game in Round 37 right (14 from 14 so far, six of which were exact)!

Good luck, and whatever happens, it's been fun!
Old 2017-05-18 , 15:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeII View Post
Indeed sir.

It's all for the crowds...

Must admit, when you had a 7 point lead with two rounds left, I thought it was all over. Didn't reckon I'd get every game in Round 37 right (14 from 14 so far, six of which were exact)!

Good luck, and whatever happens, it's been fun!
Whatever you smoked this week-end, please share. Geee!

I never saw that coming, it is yours to lose now...but 11 games is a whole lot who knows? What is your prediction for tonight by the way?

I do find consolation in the fact that as it stands I do have the better average since I MISSED MATCH DAY 1 but no matter what happens I'll be back next season. Indeed it's been fun when on the winning side though...
Old 2017-05-18 , 19:12
4K, baby!

Quote:
I do find consolation in the fact that as it stands I do have the better average since I MISSED MATCH DAY 1 but no matter what happens I'll be back next season. Indeed it's been fun when on the winning side though...
Will be watching this competition for top spot with some interest. Toto, at least you shouldn't end up in 6th spot.
Old 2017-05-21 , 18:27
4K, baby!

New season's thread here ...

http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php...537#post345537

Good riddance to this season.
Cheers, K
Old 2017-05-22 , 12:02
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtonman View Post
New season's thread here ...

http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php...537#post345537

Good riddance to this season.
Cheers, K
Now now. Don't be like that. You starting to sound like your manager.

Thanks for setting up the Superbru competition for us and hoping that by the time the new season comes around you'll be over your disappointment and raring to go once again.
Old 2017-05-22 , 14:32

Yesterday's results were more dead rubber than anything else, every year its was all about the relegation battle but that was sorted out about 2 weeks ago. This past weekend was all about 3rd & 4th place - teams just had to ensure that they win their respective games to retain their positions hence CL places. Liverpool acted like they won the EPL after winning 3-1. John Terry played his last game with Chelsea (He got a guard of honour from his teammates when he was subbed at 26 minutes of the game (26 was the number that JT plays with)

BB - Remember that if MU win against Ajax, they will automatically qualify for CL and the best part will be that MU will get a trophy

All eyes will be on Wednesday's game - Ajax vs MU and on Saturday's FA Cup Final - Chelsea vs Arsenal and not to mentioned the CL Final - Real vs Juventus

This is my predictions:
Man United
Arsenal
Real Madrid

I should probably take a sports bet
HDPVR 2P, 42" Samsung LED TV
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Phillips 42" LED TV, Can View Both The PVR & 2P