Forum > Value Added Services > DStv Now > Error code CWS error 0x00001002
Old 2015-01-21 , 14:28
Knows how to use a remote

Default Error code CWS error 0x00001002

Hi

I keep getting error "CWS error 0x00001002" on my downloaded content that I am trying to play on my iPhone 5s ( up-to-date 8.1.2). I recently downloaded episode 12 season 5 of the sopranos, now I get this error every time I attempt to play.
M not sure whether it could be my device or what. I'd be bitterly annoyed having spent 300 odd mb for a episode I cannot even watch.

Any help will be appreciated
Old 2015-01-21 , 14:53
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anelist View Post
Hi

I keep getting error "CWS error 0x00001002" on my downloaded content that I am trying to play on my iPhone 5s ( up-to-date 8.1.2). I recently downloaded episode 12 season 5 of the sopranos, now I get this error every time I attempt to play.
M not sure whether it could be my device or what. I'd be bitterly annoyed having spent 300 odd mb for a episode I cannot even watch.

Any help will be appreciated
Hi Anelist,

Welcome to the forum

I checked the video on my iPhone 5 and it plays fine. Also checked on my iPad so I don't think there's anything wrong with the video itself.

What you're describing sounds like a bug we're working to fix in the next update. But if you exit the app, kill the app from cache then restart the app your video should play.

Let me know if you come right.

Cheers,

MC Nic.
Old 2015-01-22 , 07:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Nic View Post
Hi Anelist,

Welcome to the forum

I checked the video on my iPhone 5 and it plays fine. Also checked on my iPad so I don't think there's anything wrong with the video itself.

What you're describing sounds like a bug we're working to fix in the next update. But if you exit the app, kill the app from cache then restart the app your video should play.

Let me know if you come right.

Cheers,

MC Nic.
Thanks MC Nic , let me do as suggested and update you if all is fine.
Old 2015-01-22 , 08:03

Quote:
Thanks MC Nic , let me do as suggested and update you if all is fine.
Okay did as you advised all works perfectly now whew , thanks MC Nic & appreciate the warm welcome to the forum
Old 2015-01-22 , 08:23
MultiChoice

Quote:
Okay did as you advised all works perfectly now whew , thanks MC Nic & appreciate the warm welcome to the forum
No worries. Hope you stick around. It gets very interesting in here