Old 2014-11-26 , 11:27
Still gets up to change channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Nic View Post
Hi Charlesjjm,

Is your Explora at home connected to the Internet and is your line currently up and running?

MC Nic.
Hi MC Nic, Yes, I checked connectivity this morning before I left. Everything was in order.
Old 2014-11-26 , 11:33
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Nic View Post
Hi Ian,

Just tried M-Net, and M-Net Movies Action + - both worked fine on my iPhone. So did New Girl and Big Bang.

Would it be possible to try another network?

Cheers

MC Nic.
Changed from my Telkom ADSL to my Telkom LTE and exactly same problem SS channels work fine but all others failed to initialise DRM
rebooting phone didn't help
Turned Wi-Fi off and tried with mobile MTN data exactly same result SS works all others not
By the way I'm on a Sony Z2 Phone

Remote recordings working great from tv guide :-)
Regards Ian

Last edited by IanW; 2014-11-26 at 11:36. .
Old 2014-11-26 , 11:47
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlesjjm View Post
Hi MC Nic, Yes, I checked connectivity this morning before I left. Everything was in order.

Hmmm, okay. I'll have to get someone to look into this. If your Explora is on, connected and your line is up all should be in order.

Let me get some feedback from the product team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW View Post
Changed from my Telkom ADSL to my Telkom LTE and exactly same problem SS channels work fine but all others failed to initialise DRM
rebooting phone didn't help
Turned Wi-Fi off and tried with mobile MTN data exactly same result SS works all others not
By the way I'm on a Sony Z2 Phone

Remote recordings working great from tv guide :-)
Regards Ian
Okay. I'll try with an Android phone.
Old 2014-11-26 , 11:51

Thanks! @MC Nic
Old 2014-11-26 , 12:51
Knows how to use a remote

Exclamation

I'm getting the same behaviour as IanW.

Live channels
I can watch the SS live channels and SkySportsNews, but any of the others briefly shows a DRM error "Failed to initialize DRM" which is then replaced with a "Video playback error:1 - Sorry there was an error playing the video. Make sure you device is registered".

Catch-up
Clicking on the play button on any show spins for a few seconds and return to the shows' screen without playing or showing an error message. Downloading a video "Grey's Anatomy" downloaded successfully, but on play gives a "Video Playback Error - License acquisition failed. Please check you internet connection."

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Pro 10.1 LTE 2014 (SM-T525) Tablet with Android 4.4.2. I also get exactly the same behaviour on my Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) with Android 4.4.2. I'm testing using Wi-Fi which is connected to a 30Mb Neotel Fibre line, but have also tested at home via Wi-Fi using a 4Mb ADSL line.

Tried so far
Uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Restarting the device. Deregistering the device and re-registering. Deleting single-sign on credentials from the credential manager. Turning Wi-Fi off and on. Check my settings on the Self-Service website. Renting from BoxOffice using HD-PVR works. ConnectID is linked to my DSTV Premium smart-card on the website.

Help please.

Last edited by Vleis12; 2014-11-26 at 12:59. .
Old 2014-11-26 , 13:49

Not sure what happened, maybe @MC Nic did something in the background, but remote recording seems to be working on all platforms now, PC Online site, App on tablet, App on Phone. Thanks guys! I'll know for sure when I get home, but I got no errors, so let's hope for the best.
Old 2014-11-26 , 14:36
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vleis12 View Post
I'm getting the same behaviour as IanW.

Live channels
I can watch the SS live channels and SkySportsNews, but any of the others briefly shows a DRM error "Failed to initialize DRM" which is then replaced with a "Video playback error:1 - Sorry there was an error playing the video. Make sure you device is registered".

Catch-up
Clicking on the play button on any show spins for a few seconds and return to the shows' screen without playing or showing an error message. Downloading a video "Grey's Anatomy" downloaded successfully, but on play gives a "Video Playback Error - License acquisition failed. Please check you internet connection."

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Pro 10.1 LTE 2014 (SM-T525) Tablet with Android 4.4.2. I also get exactly the same behaviour on my Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) with Android 4.4.2. I'm testing using Wi-Fi which is connected to a 30Mb Neotel Fibre line, but have also tested at home via Wi-Fi using a 4Mb ADSL line.

Tried so far
Uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Restarting the device. Deregistering the device and re-registering. Deleting single-sign on credentials from the credential manager. Turning Wi-Fi off and on. Check my settings on the Self-Service website. Renting from BoxOffice using HD-PVR works. ConnectID is linked to my DSTV Premium smart-card on the website.

Help please.
Hi Vleis12,

I've escalated your query to the product team.

Cheers

MC Nic.
Old 2014-11-26 , 14:36
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlesjjm View Post
Not sure what happened, maybe @MC Nic did something in the background, but remote recording seems to be working on all platforms now, PC Online site, App on tablet, App on Phone. Thanks guys! I'll know for sure when I get home, but I got no errors, so let's hope for the best.
Excellent Let me know.
Old 2014-11-26 , 14:59
Changes remote batteries daily

I'm sure I've asked this before, but how many devices can be associated with this? Surely, I could just give it out to all my friends and family?

Where are the adaptive streaming options that were mentioned elsewhere?
Old 2014-11-26 , 15:04

Having the same problem now. All worked fine this morning and have checked Explora is connected to Internet currently