Old 2009-05-05 , 09:41
Still gets up to change channels

Unhappy HD/Dual View via Xtra view

Having recently had my Xtra View properly connected I now find that the both dual view tvs continuously disconnect - "waiting communication from primary decoder" - and the 2nd one - "diabled". Only the HD tv stays on but the continuous disconnections are driving me mad so please advise what I can do to fix this problem.
Old 2009-05-05 , 11:08
MultiChoice

"Waiting for Communication" is your SD PVR (DV) telling you that it is not seeing the primary (HD).

"Disabled?" is not a message you can get from your primary. "Ready but Inactive", "Requires Smartcard Upgrade" or "Primary" are the possible messages.

If the secondary never worked after activation, my guess is your installation or settings are faulty. If it is just intermittant, I would adviise you read the sticky on intermittant heartbeats.

If you provide the messages as provided on your XtraView menu screens as well as the network outlay used (e.g. 4A) I may be able to offer more assistance.
Old 2009-05-06 , 09:52

Unhappy messages as requested

the first TV message reads "Extraview Activation - waiting for communication from primary decoder - check that the primary decoder has video and audio. if it does then check connections and extraview setup. if uou still see this error please call the Multichoice call cantre"

the second tv message reads "E76 tv2 disabled. contact customer service"

the HD tv works fine.

if i reboot the dual tvs then get all the pictures but then it randomly disconnect again and theis is becoming more and more frequent.

your MC technicians (Revash and David) spent the best part of monday 4/5/09 in correcting what steven messed up the previous week.

HELP!!!
Old 2009-05-06 , 10:32
MultiChoice

There are two issues - the first one is that your TV2 product on your SD PVR has not been properly re-connected. That is where the E76 comes from. That is a call-centre activation issue and they will have to re-activate with all the correct products.

The second issue is that the heartbeat is not coming through reliably. This is most probably due to interference from a fluorescent light somewhere, but could also be due to a intermittent splitter/ amplifier. A clued-up installer worth his salt should be able to find and eliminate the problem, otherwise the sticky on intermittent heartbeats may give you some ideas on how to find it.
Old 2009-07-13 , 11:50

Angry

when is this problem going to get fixed!!!
Old 2009-07-13 , 12:01
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianfel View Post
when is this problem going to get fixed!!!
When you get it fixed because it is in all likelihood still an issue with your installation ( inteference etc)
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2011-04-06 , 20:56

My HDPVR plus DualView in separate rooms, with their own dishes, has worked fine for months. Now all of a sudden, the DualView does not receive the heartbeat at all.
Old 2011-04-06 , 20:59

My HD PVR plus DualView, in two separate rooms, with their own dishes, has worked fine for months.
Now, all of a sudden, the DualView does not receive the heartbeat.
Old 2011-04-06 , 21:57
4K, baby!

Question Chariot: Info Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by chariot View Post
My HDPVR plus DualView in separate rooms, with their own dishes, has worked fine for months. Now all of a sudden, the DualView does not receive the heartbeat at all.
Describe your system for us chariot; Which model primary HD PVR; what is the secondary decoder (dual view decoder or SD PVR (also dual view)); describe your config in more detail; two dishes each with dual LNBs? how long is the heartbeat cable? has it really stopped completely or is it intermittent? has anything in your environment changed? energy save lights introduced in line of sight of the decoders? late afternoon sun on the decoder(s) now it's autumn? give us a clue; in fact give us as much detail as possible and we may be able to help you.

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2011-04-06 at 22:26. .
Old 2011-04-06 , 22:17
4K, baby!

Question Brianfel: info please

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianfel View Post
Having recently had my Xtra View properly connected I now find that the both dual view tvs continuously disconnect - "waiting communication from primary decoder" - and the 2nd one - "diabled". Only the HD tv stays on but the continuous disconnections are driving me mad so please advise what I can do to fix this problem.
Please don't get mad with the angry red faced smileys, brianfel; there are lots of peple on the forum willing to help you, but remember all those without an 'MC' handle except C4 are NOT MC employees; we are subscribers like you who do this for fun and for Free

You have given us very little to go on. Please describe your config in detail. what type of primary and secondary decoders? what LNB & Mutiswitch Configs? How long is the heartbeat cable (i.e. differnt rooms or decoders next to each other?

Has the system ever worked reliably for some weeks? Or did this problem exist to some extent from day-one and has just got worse?

I agree with Geoff and C4 that this is possibly both an installation issue of some sort and an XV authetication issue too; so be kind and give us the knowledge tools to help you; tell us as much as you can. But please understand this is in YOUR hands to fix, it won't magically start working. Cheers, K.

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2011-04-06 at 22:30. .