Forum > Content > Sport > World Cricket
Old 2014-06-04 , 11:45
4K, baby!

Seems like for once we are all of the same opinion regarding this run out at the non strikers end. I'm sure we've all noticed how the non striking batsmen have for a long time now been moving way out of their crease before the ball has been bowled. So I have no problem with this run out of Buttlers.
Old 2014-06-04 , 12:16
Technical Myriad

Hats off to the bowling side for knowing the rules and for doing the right thing by warnings the batsman.

Serves the batsman right for not knowing the rules and then ignoring the warnings
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2014-06-04 , 12:49
Changes remote batteries daily

Cry babies

silent witness
Old 2014-06-04 , 19:51
4K, baby!

At first I was very much saying that Buttler deserved what he got but I saw the run out incident again today and perhaps he was a bit hard done by.

When the bowler entered into his bowling stride and was slightly in the air Buttler's bat was pretty much in the crease or just on the line. By the time the bowler stopped and removed the bails Buttler was then a short way out of his crease. But it didn't look to me as if he was trying to take advantage by leaving his crease before the bowler bowled the ball. In fact when leaving the crease Buttler wasn't doing much else than walking.

Taking what happened here I'd be very surprised if any batsman in the world wouldn't have been doing exactly the same as Buttler was. I do believe that he's been guilty in the past of trying to steal a 'foot' or two but in this instance I think he was a bit unlucky.

Thanks for PVR's whereby one can rewind, pause and use the slow motion replay action.
Old 2014-06-04 , 19:54
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Hats off to the bowling side for knowing the rules and for doing the right thing by warnings the batsman.

Serves the batsman right for not knowing the rules and then ignoring the warnings
Apparently there's nothing in the rules stating that the batsman must be warned beforehand. Think the warning is more to do with the spirit of the game and trying to keep things friendly.
Old 2014-06-05 , 08:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
I do believe that he's been guilty in the past of trying to steal a 'foot' or two but in this instance I think he was a bit unlucky.
He may have been unlucky with the delivery on which he was dismissed, but surely if you've already been warned you make damn sure you're behind the line until the bowler's released the ball?
Old 2014-06-05 , 09:03

Most if not all these cricketers learned how to back up their batsman when they were growing up playing the game. This is actually cheating - that extra yard can avoid a run out - we have seen so many near misses. I still say that Butler deserved what he got - in fact at the rate England was batting, it would have made no difference to the result, SL would have still made it easily. Surprising how this so called spirit of the game is making more headlines than how England lost the ODI series to SL on English soil
HDPVR 2P, 42" Samsung LED TV
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Phillips 42" LED TV, Can View Both The PVR & 2P
Old 2014-06-05 , 11:52

that bowler was condemned by the media like he did something diabolic

silent witness
Old 2014-06-05 , 14:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulani View Post
that bowler was condemned by the media like he did something diabolic
Well the English normally blow everything out of proportion
HDPVR 2P, 42" Samsung LED TV
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Phillips 42" LED TV, Can View Both The PVR & 2P
Old 2014-06-05 , 18:12

Frankly, I think Cook's captaincy was hopeless. England made school boy fielding errors, and there just wasn't a plan. I guess the run-out/stumping was an easy way for the English press to deflect attention way from the hard truths.