Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > English Premiership 2013-2014

Old 2014-03-10 , 11:33
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
Good wins for MU & Chelsea over the weekend

Damn, Wigan really made the biggest shock of the season in the FA, they took off MC to reach the semi finals. MC playing at home, one would expect a good football lesson to be taught to Wigan, MC is very dominant at home. Last year's FA Cup final was not too bad because both these clubs were in the EPL but this time round, Wigan is in the 1st division but as we all know, cup games always tend to have these different outcomes
I think I get your point, you are saying Wigan is better than United.
Old 2014-03-14 , 11:19
4K, baby!

Spurs against Arsenal and manchester united taking on Liverpool are the two big ones at the top end of the table this weekend. I believe there's also a big one at the lower end but cannot remember who the two sides are.

Concentrating at the top I fancy Arsenal to beat Spurs seeing that Spurs had a fairly hard game on Thursday night and the Arsenal players would have an extra day to recover from their midweek fixture. Prediction: Arsenal 2 Spurs 1.

Then the biggie as far as some of us are concerned. Although some are making Liverpool favourites for this one I'm not quite so certain of a victory. united seem to be staging something of a comeback and should be well up for this game. As will Liverpool. Can see penalties being awarded. Liverpool perhaps have the better strike force but not by much. rvp and rooney aren't that far behind Suarez and Sturridge. Then the Liverpool defence is often found wanting while united's is just that little bit more solid. Prediction: 2 All.

As a Liverpool supporter I'm obviously wanting a win but wouldn't cry too much should we only get away with a draw. A loss also isn't totally out of the picture either.
Old 2014-03-14 , 14:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Then the biggie as far as some of us are concerned. Although some are making Liverpool favourites for this one I'm not quite so certain of a victory. united seem to be staging something of a comeback and should be well up for this game. As will Liverpool. Can see penalties being awarded. Liverpool perhaps have the better strike force but not by much. rvp and rooney aren't that far behind Suarez and Sturridge. Then the Liverpool defence is often found wanting while united's is just that little bit more solid. Prediction: 2 All.

As a Liverpool supporter I'm obviously wanting a win but wouldn't cry too much should we only get away with a draw. A loss also isn't totally out of the picture either.
Well thanks for that, always bringing in that pessimistic side so you are guarded win or lose.
Old 2014-03-14 , 17:04
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_steve View Post
Well thanks for that, always bringing in that pessimistic side so you are guarded win or lose.
Some call it being pessimistic while others tend to call it being realistic.
Old 2014-03-17 , 08:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Some call it being pessimistic while others tend to call it being realistic.
Cool story old man, but you should back your team.

3 of the best...

Poetry in motion tra-la-la-la-la
Old 2014-03-17 , 12:01
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_steve View Post
Cool story old man, but you should back your team.
Perhaps you have something with this statement of yours. I know I'm inclined to concentrate on our weaknesses rather than our strengths. Still, this way I don't get disappointed too often.

Apart from the excellent result the highlight for me was seeing alex ferguson's face towards the end of the game.

Some may say that there were some dodgy refereeing decisions that cost united dearly but over the full 90 minutes I think things just about balanced themselves out. united not awarded a penalty for the alleged hand ball by Johnson cancelled out by a blatant trip on Sturridge which was not given. vidic being unfairly sent off when Sturridge dived cancelled out what should have been raphael's second yellow card when he handled in the penalty area.

Great victory for Liverpool and united now have no chance of finishing in top four. Unless there's some miracle of biblical proportions.

Again, so far, no response from any united supporters?
Old 2014-03-17 , 16:17
Changes remote batteries daily

What can I say??? MU performance this season has been down in the gutters, I never expected much against a rampant Liverpool.

Congrats BB, Steve and other Liverpool supporters - I just hope/wish that Liverpool DO NOT win the league
HDPVR 2P, 42" Samsung LED TV
-----------------------
BEDROOM 2 -
Phillips 42" LED TV, Can View Both The PVR & 2P
Old 2014-03-17 , 17:39
Changes remote batteries daily

An interesting stat is that Liverpool have already scored more points this season than in the past 3 seasons full 38 games. MU have scored 80 points or more for the last 3 seasons, the most they can get out of this one is 75. In the last 6 league games Liverpool have secured 16 points to MU's 8 point. (In fact, Liverpool have been the top points earners for the last 6 games, more than Chelsea, Arsenal and MC)
BB, I think you're selling your lads short
Old 2014-03-17 , 21:11
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
An interesting stat is that Liverpool have already scored more points this season than in the past 3 seasons full 38 games. MU have scored 80 points or more for the last 3 seasons, the most they can get out of this one is 75. In the last 6 league games Liverpool have secured 16 points to MU's 8 point. (In fact, Liverpool have been the top points earners for the last 6 games, more than Chelsea, Arsenal and MC)
It would seem like it yes. But over the years I've been quietely optimistic only to see us stumble against sides we would have been expected to beat. Think this is the reason for my constant cautious approach to our games.

As for the stats one needs to take a number of variants into consideration. Who were the games against and were they home or away matches? Did the opposition have a fully fit squad etc etc. Stats are there to be manipulated any way one likes. It's only really at the end of the season when everyone has completed playing all their home and away games that the true picture can be revealed.

That said I'm pretty happy with the stats given by Chris as they do show that the club is moving in the right direction.
Old 2014-03-17 , 21:12
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
It would seem like it yes. But over the years I've been quietly optimistic only to see us stumble against sides we would have been expected to beat. Think this is the reason for my constant cautious approach to our games.

As for the stats one needs to take a number of variants into consideration. Who were the games against and were they home or away matches? Did the opposition have a fully fit squad etc etc. Stats are there to be manipulated any way one likes. It's only really at the end of the season when everyone has completed playing all their home and away games that the true picture can be revealed.

That said I'm pretty happy with the stats given by Chris as they do show that the club is moving in the right direction.