Old 2012-03-06 , 02:06
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default Picture loss, sound continues

My replacement HDPVR (replaced October 2011), worked fine for awhile but for a couple of months or so now, I lose the picture but the sound continues uninterupted. The TV reports "no signal". Happens randomly and quite often.

The decoder is linked to my AVR and from there to the TV. One of the 3 has to be switched off and back on to restore the picture. There's no loss of picture when using my DVD player, so the AVR and TV do not seem to be at fault.

I have noticed the HDPVR runs very hot and stays hot even when on standby. I have to unplug it to cool it down.

Any suggestions? Decoder faulty? Should I be taking it back? What's the warranty on a refurbished swop-out?