Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > HD PVR > Connect PVR 2 P Decoder to SD PVR Decoder
Old 2011-04-16 , 15:15
Still gets up to change channels

Default Connect PVR 2 P Decoder to SD PVR Decoder

Hi,
Just went out and bought a PVR 2 P Decoder.

Current setup is as follows:

SD PVR installed in house, TV2 going to an SL4 splitter which leads to the cottage where other TV is installed.

I want to install the HD PVR decoder in the cottage. How do i connect these 2 decoders?

What are my best options going forward. I only want to view the HD in the cottage for now. If i buy another HD PVR 2 P is it possible to connect those two together? If so, how would this work? Would i need a HD Splitter or something in that line?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Brad.
Old 2011-04-16 , 16:16
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad115 View Post
Hi,
Just went out and bought a PVR 2 P Decoder.

Current setup is as follows:

SD PVR installed in house, TV2 going to an SL4 splitter which leads to the cottage where other TV is installed.

I want to install the HD PVR decoder in the cottage. How do i connect these 2 decoders?

What are my best options going forward. I only want to view the HD in the cottage for now. If i buy another HD PVR 2 P is it possible to connect those two together? If so, how would this work? Would i need a HD Splitter or something in that line?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Brad.
The best is to read the Xtraview manual. The 2P is virtually the same as the 4 Tuner model except you only need to LNB feeds.

You would need either a separate dish installed for the cottage or run 2 LNB cables from a Multiswitch, assuming you have dual LNB on your SD PVR. Distance could be your enemy here. You would need to supply more details or questions as per the manual.

Xtraview Manual: http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=3919

G