Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > Installation > Installing TV2 via ellies wireless system

Old 2009-01-14 , 15:12
Still listens to the wireless

Default Installing TV2 via ellies wireless system

Please help, we have a SD PVR and have decided to purchase another TV. So we moved the old TV to the bedroom. The new TV in the old one's place works 100%, but cant get a picture on TV2. I have installed the wireless as instructed, what can I be doing wrong?
Old 2009-01-14 , 16:32
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita View Post
Please help, we have a SD PVR and have decided to purchase another TV. So we moved the old TV to the bedroom. The new TV in the old one's place works 100%, but cant get a picture on TV2. I have installed the wireless as instructed, what can I be doing wrong?
(1) You need to have a "RF" coaxial cable running from the RF OUT on the SD PVR to the TV in the other room.
(2) Then you need to tune that TV to be able to pick up the two RF signals coming from the SD PVR, one for TV1 and the other for TV2.
(3) then you need to make sure that the TV is set correctly for PAL I itherwise you will get no sound.
(4) look at the TV's handbook regarding how you can automatically scan through all the RF channels. The TV will then tune into both TV1 and TV2 and will allow you to watch either one in the other room.
(5) If you are using a "wireless system" then you need to make sure that that system is correctly converting the TV2 and or TV1 signal for transmission over the "wireless" link. Again read the HB for the wireless system. I wouild suggest thta you need to be sure that the TV is correctly tuned BEFORE you try this, otherwise you have two variables on your hands and will not know which one is the cause of your problems.

Good luck!
PS there are some more refinements to the install but we can get to those once you have the basics working.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15

Last edited by Geoff D; 2009-01-14 at 16:36. .
Old 2009-01-15 , 09:47
Changes remote batteries daily

@Geoff
Isn't she talking about the Ellies AV extender.
Because then you will need to use the RCA connections of the TV2 on the back of the PVR. Plug it into the Ellies Transmitter.
On the other side you will need to plug the AV cables into the Ellies Reciever and then into the AV on the TV and then put the TV on AV.
Old 2009-01-15 , 10:00
Technical Myriad

Yes you are probably correct. I missed the possibility that it was an "AV extender" that was being referred to! There are other "wireless" extender arpound that extend the RF also.

Thanks BarendB.

Never been overly impressed with these AV extenders
Old 2009-01-15 , 11:52

I had a look at them about a year ago, but was to expensive at that time. I must say at this stage I am happy with my normal wire setup.
PS @ Geoff
You dont have a idea on how to extend TV2 on the SD-PVR via RF or AV about 800m and still have remote functionality on the second TV (Farm and the 2 houses are 800m apart)
Old 2009-01-15 , 12:20
Technical Myriad

No not yet, busy looking around also
Old 2009-01-15 , 12:30

I can extend the signal Wireless. Don't know how to feed the remote commands back.(Frequency to low on RF Cables)
Old 2009-01-15 , 14:40

Hi, now Im not sure if the AV cables are plugged in correctly on the receiver TV2 side, will check and revert back, thank you. Also wasn't sure if the TV2 had to be on AV.
Old 2009-01-15 , 16:21
Changes remote batteries moderately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barendb View Post
I can extend the signal Wireless. Don't know how to feed the remote commands back.(Frequency to low on RF Cables)
1) http://www.gecensat.com/asp/product/...7_GC-IR02C.htm may be compatible for injection into your existing wireless setup?

2) Is it possible to connect an external point-to-point antenna to a Remote Blaster?

3) RF over Fiber (http://www.tagsa.co.za/?content=prod...nd=174&id=50)?

4) The "DigiSender X7" (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=222153)?

Last edited by Patrick No 1; 2009-01-15 at 16:37. .
Old 2009-01-19 , 13:11

Hi, the AV on the TV was the problem. thank you, now working, but I cant change the channel on TV2 in the bedroom, have to walk to the sdpvr and change the channel there. I assume the tv link (received from dstv) also has to be plugged in the TV2, but because we are running wireless there is no aerial (RF out?). Any ideas on how I can get the remote to work through the wireless or do I need to put a block on the dstv eye link to get TV2 remote to work?