Forum > Content > General > 101: Broadchurch 23rd
Old 2017-05-16 , 07:38
Changes remote batteries daily. Has an entire thread named after her.

Default 101: Broadchurch 23rd

Broadchurch has been dropped from the EPG on Tuesday the 23rd to make way for double episodes of Twin Peaks.

P.S. I'm not happy with this move.
Old 2017-05-16 , 09:48
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post
P.S. I'm not happy with this move.
Neither am I. And I see week 2 on Twin Peaks in the US (28 May) is also double episodes so probably the same the next week as well.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-05-16 , 10:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
Neither am I. And I see week 2 on Twin Peaks in the US (28 May) is also double episodes so probably the same the next week as well.
Yep. Portia mentioned it elsewhere:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Portia View Post
Hallo Citanul, correct just awaiting confirmation. From what I see Broadchurch will take two week broadcast break because Twin Peaks will air at 21:30 and 22:30 (23 May and 30 May). Will update as soon as I have confirmed.
Old 2017-05-17 , 12:04
4K, baby!

I've become so sick and tired of these production breaks that I've taken to recording a series and will watch it after I have the complete set of episodes.

I know that some here cannot keep away from social media and because of this we have to put up with "express from the USA" but as far as I'm concerned the "express from the USA" is a total waste of time.

Try watching series such as Blue Bloods and Suits as examples. When they were still running that is. Suits is now finished. But insofar as Blue Bloods is concerned can someone please tell me when episode one of the current series first aired on our tvs? Would also be good to know how many production, and other, breaks we've had to endure with this one.

I've not yet watched any episodes of Broadchurch so thank you to those who have advised of the production break. Will wait till all episodes have been recorded before starting to view this one too.
Old 2017-05-17 , 12:27
Still gets up to change channels

Default Record, record, record

That's what I do. Record the whole series and then start watching.
Old 2017-05-17 , 13:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
I've not yet watched any episodes of Broadchurch so thank you to those who have advised of the production break. Will wait till all episodes have been recorded before starting to view this one too.
This actually isn't a production break. Broadchurch is a British show and so it doesn't have them. What's happened in this case is that for the first two weeks Twin Peaks is being shown as double episodes, and M-Net have decided that the best way to accommodate that is to interrupt Broadchurch.

Quote:
I know that some here cannot keep away from social media and because of this we have to put up with "express from the USA" but as far as I'm concerned the "express from the USA" is a total waste of time.
That's not the only reason. It's very easy to obtain episodes of TV shows through other sources, so illegal downloads can be regarded in some sense as one of DStv's competitors. So M-Net does need to show some things fairly close to the US broadcast or risk losing viewers.
Old 2017-05-17 , 13:46
MultiChoice

@Citanul - thank you for that. I couldn't have said it better myself!
Old 2017-05-17 , 14:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citanul View Post
This actually isn't a production break. Broadchurch is a British show and so it doesn't have them. What's happened in this case is that for the first two weeks Twin Peaks is being shown as double episodes, and M-Net have decided that the best way to accommodate that is to interrupt Broadchurch.

And that is why MC Portia noted it as a BROADCAST BREAK in the original post.
Old 2017-05-17 , 20:10
4K, baby!

Well, in my instance anyway, these constant BROADCAST or production breaks have already caused me to consider dropping DStv altogether and rather spending the money on fast uncapped internet for my tv viewing. Lots of free movies available out there and without having to pirate them either. Only thing that keeps me with DStv is the sport. If not for this I think I would have cancelled my subscription a long time ago.

I do however, appreciate the difficult circumstances that MC find themselves in and that it is not possible for them to satisfy everyone all the time, or even some of the time, but I was merely expressing MY feelings regarding the constant breaks in a series.