Forum > Decoders > Installation > 3rd Xtraview - Decoders to use
Old 2017-05-13 , 10:53
Knows how to use a remote

Default 3rd Xtraview - Decoders to use

Hello

So I have read the posts and press releases about which decoders are compatable in a 3rd point x-traview setup

My initial plan was going to be 3 Xplora's. Unfortunately I have just found out that one of my Xplora's no longer works. Will take it to a service centre to get a quote to fix

Although now I am left with the thought of maybe opting for the new price lock option to get the new model Xplora and not bother fixing the broken one. Suppose it will depend on cost to repair

My real question though is why is the older models like the 4 tuner HD PVR no longer compatable in the x-traview setup. This was my current setup when I had the Xplora as primary and the 4 tuner HD PVR as my 1st x-traview. Why can one simply not just leave it like this and then use another decoder ( in my case another explora) as the 2nd X-traviews (3rd point)

What are the model numbers of the decoders compatable in the 3rd x-traview setup. The press release just refer to the decoders by name as far as I can tell. I have a lot of older decoders still lying around and just want to check if any are compatable as alternative options to my broken Xplora for my 2nd x-traview point. The models I have are : DSD 990, DSD 1131 and DSD 820 Dual View. Are any of these compatable in the 3rd view x-traview setup?

Thanks
Mark
Old 2017-05-15 , 07:11
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

the Explora decoders and Hd decoders run on a different software and middle ware which allows for Extraview 3 . repair charge for the explora is R698
Old 2017-05-15 , 08:47

So I am correct in saying that none of these models : DSD 990, DSD 1131 and DSD 820 Dual View is compatable with 3rd View?

Does the repair cost of R698 cover everything that is wrong with the Explora? It was previously hit by an electrical surge which took out the HDMI port and Ethernet Port, this was sent in for repairs and returned, worked for about a month then stopped working again so I just used the RCA video connection. However now it doesnt boot at all all gets stuck at various points in the boot up process. Dont want to waste R698 on repairing something that might only last a month again. Is there an option on a swap out?

Mark
Old 2017-05-15 , 08:53

I see there is a trade-in campaign to get a discount on the new Explora

Which DSD Model Number decoders qualify for this trade in option?

Thanks
Old 2017-05-15 , 09:23

So I am correct in saying that none of these models : DSD 990, DSD 1131 and DSD 820 Dual View is compatable with 3rd View? yes that is correct
Old 2017-05-15 , 09:25

Does the repair cost of R698 cover everything that is wrong with the Explora? yes it does , except phisical damage. they swop the decoder with a refurbished decoder with a 3 month warrenty .
Old 2017-05-15 , 09:31

Which DSD Model Number decoders qualify for this trade in option?
SD pvr decoders only