Forum > Value Added Services > DStv Catch Up > No CU+ titles at all on Explora
Old 2017-05-10 , 22:12
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default No CU+ titles at all on Explora

Just noticed tonight that Series and Movies Catch Up lists were rather short and saw that not a single CU+ title was available. I did the Ethernet and Internet tests and checks good.
Also rebooted decoder but still only shows normal CU titles and zero CU+. For info total number of Series is 71 and Movies is 21.
Software ver is 69/2 downloaded 25 Apr 17.
Old 2017-05-10 , 22:37
Changes remote batteries daily

Did you check your Connected Services setting to make sure it is still ON? I recall another post where the setting somehow got reset to OFF.
DSTV Explora (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary), Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI Picture and Audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. RF connection from Explora & HDPVR 2P to bedroom for Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-05-10 , 22:52

Yes checked that switched on and connectivity tests done as stated in OP.
Old 2017-05-11 , 09:29
Changes remote batteries hourly

Sounds like it could be a new problem on MC's side, see this thread which appears similar now: Catchup plus and downloads

However, note that MC's CU+ server sometimes goes down, usually just for a few minutes. When that happens it looks like there could be something wrong on your side. Have you maybe got the CU+ listings back by this morning?

Last edited by Optimist; 2017-05-11 at 09:48. .
Old 2017-05-11 , 14:08

Yes, I rechecked later last night and a few times today and still nothing. I have even tried switching Connected services OFF and ON again and rebooted twice and Checked Connected services multiple times (which tests all good) with no success.

I have also made contact with DSTV through their website and the consultant that came back to me via e-mail does not know what CU or CU+ stands for. He thought I was talking about sub-titles although the rest of the wording of my message should have made it clear what the problem was.

I guess I will have to phone the Call center but wanted to avoid the typically long wait for them to answer.

When I initially connected my Explorer to the Internet I also did not get any Catch Up Plus until through the DSTV call center they reset something on their side, but I never had the problem again till now.
Old 2017-05-11 , 14:17
MultiChoice

I'm sorry to hear about your frustration - please will you send your details through to MC Solomon and MC Grace so they can follow up for you?

About using abbreviations like CU and CU+ - these are not abbreviations we use in the company but ones made up by our customers on this Forum. That is why we always caution against using your own language that is not aligned to what we say. It's like the SNLB which is from Smart LNB - have seen people internally questioning that too.

While we try to keep up with all the terms our customers use, we also try to be consistent in the terms we use - on our Forum, in our formal comms, on our website, in our printed material, on our adverts. So it is very difficult to tell 4000+ customer care employees that these are abbreviations used by customers but not by us.
Old 2017-05-11 , 22:36

Spent quite some time on the phone with the call center this afternoon and re-checked and reset everything possible again and not finding anything.

The call center agent looked up what was done back in 2015 when I initially had the problem and said that what was done then was to reset (switch off and back on again) the "HD". I guess what is meant by "HD" is the PVR functionality. We checked that it was disabled by pressing "pause" which then no longer worked and then again that it worked after being switched back on.

One thing that did change after this is that if I pressed "Alt" on the remote in Catch Up menu it no longer gave me a message that I need to connect the Explorer to the Internet, which seems promising.
So before I do anything further I will wait till tomorrow morning to see if I have any CU+ downloadable titles available.
Old 2017-05-12 , 11:38

Thanks to all who tried to help. My Catch Up Plus is working again!