Forum > Value Added Services > DStv Catch Up > CU, CU+ and Broadcast Dolby 5.1 on-going issues
Old 2017-04-19 , 17:56
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Pamela View Post
Which shows are these?
It's hard to find a show that DOES have the Dolby Digital indication on the EPG. It's much better on CU and CU+ although very inconsistent and incorrect.

I'll give an example.

Billions ...

Explora EPG : HD
Explora CU : HD, DD, WS (Redundant WS)
Explora CU+ : HD, DD, WS (Dolby Digital is only 2.0 and not 5.1, Redundant WS)

DSTV Now Web EPG : HD
DSTV Now App EPG : Nothing

DSTV Now Web Catchup : Nothing
DSTV Now App Catchup : Nothing
Old 2017-04-19 , 18:47
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Hi Optimist

The HD logo appear on HD channels, and the (TV) logo is to indicate that subtitles are available on the programme.
Hi Pamela,

You've misunderstood - it's only one sign, saying "HDTV", and it's on those channels on the SD PVR decoders which are not ever capable of receiving nor delivering HD feeds.
Old 2017-04-21 , 13:51
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Hi Pamela,

You've misunderstood - it's only one sign, saying "HDTV", and it's on those channels on the SD PVR decoders which are not ever capable of receiving nor delivering HD feeds.
Hi Optimist

Sorry about that. I'm checking with our command centre on this one, feedback to follow once received.
Old 2017-04-21 , 14:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
It's hard to find a show that DOES have the Dolby Digital indication on the EPG. It's much better on CU and CU+ although very inconsistent and incorrect.

I'll give an example.

Billions ...

Explora EPG : HD
Explora CU : HD, DD, WS (Redundant WS)
Explora CU+ : HD, DD, WS (Dolby Digital is only 2.0 and not 5.1, Redundant WS)

DSTV Now Web EPG : HD
DSTV Now App EPG : Nothing

DSTV Now Web Catchup : Nothing
DSTV Now App Catchup : Nothing
Hi Simon

I've escalated to the relevant teams to look into. Feedback to follow once received.
Old 2017-04-24 , 07:24

Quote:
Which shows are these?
I need to respond to the above. I may not be the most technically minded customer you have but I would like to give you the following piece of advice. Please stop looking at individual titles and solving their problems individually. It's obvious that your Quality Control in general is poor and needs a complete overhaul. Every time someone complains you ask for the title and then pass that on to the relevant team. This happens constantly and has become a farce. Does nobody correlate these issues and come up with a general fix rather than tackling these problems one by one? Why not check ALL titles on both CatchUp and DSTV Now to make sure that they are up to standard BEFORE adding them. I would even suggest NOT adding any new titles until all these outstanding issues are resolved. There seems to be a rush to add new titles but you don't have adequate systems in place to ensure that the quality is of a certain standard. The fact that you can continue like this for months is a terrible indictment of your customer service levels. Why do you need to wait for customers to complain before you realise that there's an issue? Shouldn't you be picking up these problems BEFORE adding those titles? And when your customers do complain you don't even bother to respond to them. I find that inexcusable and totally unacceptable. Stop keeping your clients in the dark as to what's happening. Maybe then you'll have less complaints.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
Old 2017-04-25 , 19:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermeric1 View Post
I need to respond to the above. I may not be the most technically minded customer you have but I would like to give you the following piece of advice. Please stop looking at individual titles and solving their problems individually. It's obvious that your Quality Control in general is poor and needs a complete overhaul. Every time someone complains you ask for the title and then pass that on to the relevant team. This happens constantly and has become a farce. Does nobody correlate these issues and come up with a general fix rather than tackling these problems one by one? Why not check ALL titles on both CatchUp and DSTV Now to make sure that they are up to standard BEFORE adding them. I would even suggest NOT adding any new titles until all these outstanding issues are resolved. There seems to be a rush to add new titles but you don't have adequate systems in place to ensure that the quality is of a certain standard. The fact that you can continue like this for months is a terrible indictment of your customer service levels. Why do you need to wait for customers to complain before you realise that there's an issue? Shouldn't you be picking up these problems BEFORE adding those titles? And when your customers do complain you don't even bother to respond to them. I find that inexcusable and totally unacceptable. Stop keeping your clients in the dark as to what's happening. Maybe then you'll have less complaints.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
Hi Ermeric1

So sorry for the delayed response.

We acknowledge your concerns and frustrations. All the relevant teams have been made aware of the issues raised, and are looking into resolving them. Any feedback from them will be posted on the Forum.
Old 2017-04-27 , 14:22

Quote:
Hi Pamela,

Hi Optimist

Sorry to keep you waiting. I have followed up with the team as they're still investigating. Should I get any feedback, I'll post it.
Old 2017-04-27 , 14:46

Quote:
And the same impossible logos on channels 126, 181, 182 and 194.
Hi Optimist

Please note that the issue is resolved on the below;

Nat Geo (181)
Nat Geo Wild (1820
ETV (194)
MNet +1 (901)

They are still working on resolving the issue on channel 126 which is still ongoing.
Old 2017-04-27 , 17:39
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Grace View Post
Hi Optimist

Sorry to keep you waiting. I have followed up with the team as they're still investigating. Should I get any feedback, I'll post it.
Hi Grace,

In case misunderstood it's the same issue as the other post which just gave further details.
But looks like you may have just got answers a few minutes later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Grace View Post
Hi Optimist

Please note that the issue is resolved on the below;

Nat Geo (181)
Nat Geo Wild (1820
ETV (194)
MNet +1 (901)

They are still working on resolving the issue on channel 126 which is still ongoing.
Thanks, confirmed that the wrong sign has now been removed from all but channel 126, I'm sure they'll sort that one out soon enough so I think we can say this issue is resolved.
Old 2017-04-27 , 18:41

Quote:
Hi Grace,

In case misunderstood it's the same issue as the other post which just gave further details.
But looks like you may have just got answers a few minutes later.

Thanks, confirmed that the wrong sign has now been removed from all but channel 126, I'm sure they'll sort that one out soon enough so I think we can say this issue is resolved.
Only a pleasure. I'll post again once the other has been corrected.