Forum > Broadcast Errors > Broadcast Errors > Failed recording for no apparent reason
Old 2017-04-20 , 12:36
Changes remote batteries daily. Has an entire thread named after her.

Default Failed recording for no apparent reason

So not only do I have the start date of The Real Housewives being messed around with http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=38053 I now have recordings failing for no apparent reason

As per below, my recording of The Real Housewives failed due to a conflict. My recording were Mom, Real Housewives and then a manual recording set for Survivor.

As can be seen from EPG photo, the start /end times as at Wednesday morning do not reflect any change. So why did the recording fail?

Real 3.jpg

Real 2.jpg
Old 2017-04-20 , 12:49
Changes remote batteries daily

Possibly something similar to my post #29 (scroll down to 2nd last post on the page) in this thread:

http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=37747&page=3

VERY frustrating!
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-04-20 , 12:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
Possibly something similar to my post #29 (scroll down to 2nd last post on the page) in this thread:

http://forum.dstv.com/showthread.php?t=37747&page=3

VERY frustrating!
Could be, but my recordings were from Mom on 101 then Real Housewives on 103, so the whole My Kitchen Rules stuffing up the EPG would not have an impact on those.
Old 2017-04-20 , 13:10
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post
Could be, but my recordings were from Mom on 101 then Real Housewives on 103, so the whole My Kitchen Rules stuffing up the EPG would not have an impact on those.
That issue is not limited to My Kitchen Rules - the problem is caused by late changes to the EPG (in general).
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-04-20 , 13:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
That issue is not limited to My Kitchen Rules - the problem is caused by late changes to the EPG (in general).
I am aware...
Old 2017-04-21 , 17:31
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

The source of this issue is the same as my response in the other thread:

The source of the issue was finally tracked down to a bug in the Explora. Essentially the decoder becomes confused when the EPG is updated after the recording is initially added. The decoder team is working on a fix to the software to correct the bug, hopefully this will be pushed out soon. Thanks to all of you for reporting this issue and your detailed feedback.