Forum > Decoders > Installation > Smart Lnb + 2 seperate dstv subscriptions
Old 2017-04-21 , 09:43
Knows how to use a remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Time for a recap on what you have connected and how.

The Exploras will fail on you if there is no signal available for tuner 3.

The EPG should not be working and displaying and CU and BO downloads should not be updating.
Well according to the Tuner Status under Help || General - Tuner 1 is working (80% Strength, 100% quality). Tuner 2 also works when I am recording (thanks for that info Optimist). Tuner 3 however shows nothing but the EPG is defiantely working and there is content on CU and BO (whether its updating with new content I am not sure)

Quote:

SLNB port A - connected to Explora

SLNB port B connected to Explora

SLNB port C connected the HD PVR 4 T
Correct on Port A and B. Port C is however capped and rather the HD PVR 4 T is connected to the Universal Port. Also this is not direct as the HD PVR 4 requires 4 cable inputs so it first goes into the ES as one cable for the LNB then splits into 4 cables to the HD PVR 4 although from previous posts I see that I can just use the 1 port on the HD PVR 4 direct from the Universal port on SLNB. I will remove the ES and doe this although with my current setup using the ES it is working though

Quote:
Network Settings on each decoder
Explora 1: (parents)
Tuner 1 - Index 0 - Frequency 1210
Tuner 2 - Index 1 - Frequency 1420
Tuner 3 - Index 2 - Frequency 1680

Explora 2 (mine)
Tuner 1 - Index 6 - Frequency 1108
Tuner 2 - Index 7 - Frequency 1159
Tuner 3 - Index 8 - Frequency 1261

HD PVR 4

Will need to check

Quote:
HD PVR should be set to SATCR Universal
Will need to check

Quote:
Explora user band settings. No ES in the loop.
ES still in loop but simply to get HD PVR 4 splitting of cables from 1 - 4 but will change this now
Extraview 2 : Coming Soon
Cables : Many
Old 2017-04-21 , 10:12
Changes remote batteries hourly

I'll have to post more as we're unfortunately going around in circles now, but I won't be available to assist beyond this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeylis View Post
Port C is however capped and rather the HD PVR 4 T is connected to the Universal Port. Also this is not direct as the HD PVR 4 requires 4 cable inputs so it first goes into the ES as one cable for the LNB then splits into 4 cables to the HD PVR 4 although from previous posts I see that I can just use the 1 port on the HD PVR 4 direct from the Universal port on SLNB. I will remove the ES and doe this although with my current setup using the ES it is working though
This is incorrect.
You cannot just connect one Universal port feed from the SLNB into the HD PVR by any method as that would only be allowing for one of the two signal polarities constantly needed for proper service.
The only possible way is to use one of the SLNB's Unicable ports for this decoder as well.

Please go back to my last post, all needed feed solutions are there and will definitely work.
The Indexes I have suggested there were to allow for you to make an easy transition to future changes, but you could use the ones Geoff has discussed since just as well
(he was mostly focusing on current needs for now). Make sure you have the right frequencies for the Indexes you do choose, and don't forget to do all the Index settings before doing all the Frequency settings.

If you follow the advice already given then all should be ok, else problems will certainly resurface.
All the best with it :-)
EDIT: I say "should" as there could be other concerns involved, it's still not clear why one Explora wasn't working. Either way, these issues need to be correct first.

Last edited by Optimist; 2017-04-21 at 11:01. . Reason: See EDIT