Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > Updates to our SD PVR trade-in offers
Old 2017-03-31 , 13:03
Still gets up to change channels

Thanks everyone
Old 2017-07-31 , 21:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Brenda View Post
Hi, there are no end dates for any of these offers. Any queries at all - just let us know.
Hi. Will multichoice still link an active SD PVR (Dual view) decoder for Extraview (as secondary) if I install an Explora 2A as the primary decoder? I understand that one possibly will pay an extra R85 on the active account for the extra view and also another R80 for the PVR functions on the Explora 2. Is this correct?
Thanks.
Old 2017-08-01 , 09:45
MultiChoice

Hi, yes it can still be linked in XtraView. But why not rather take one of the trade-in options and get all viewing in HD? The cost to link 2 PVRs in XtraView is your normal monthly subscription, plus R85 Access Fee.
Old 2017-08-23 , 13:44
MultiChoice

Default Update to SD PVR trade-in offers

Hi Guys,

Just a note....

The trade-in offer of a "free" refurbished decoder for the SD PVR has come to an end. The four available trade-in offers for our SD PVR customers are :

OPTION 1
Get the latest model of DStv Explora for R799. This offer excludes installation. Normal recommended retail price is R1299.

OPTION 2
Get the latest model of DStv Explora with installation for R999. Normal recommended retail price is R1999.

OPTION 3
Get the latest model of DStv Explora plus the DStv HD single view decoder plus installation for R1999. Normal recommended retail price would be R2499.

Options 1-3 are available at all our service centres and agencies when you take in your SD PVR.

Last edited by MC Brenda; 2017-08-24 at 10:43. .
Old 2017-08-24 , 10:38

Those are normal trade in's.
Now what is the offer if a person has a care contract and a decoder that is giving trouble.
Does he now get no additional benefit aside from the above offers?
Or is he stuck with option 1 at no charge, and no option of taking 2,3 or 4 at a saving over those without a care contract?
Old 2017-08-24 , 10:44
MultiChoice

Hi
If you have decoder insurance for your SD PVR and it's faulty, you'll get a DStv Explora at no cost (as per the terms of the Decoder Insurance).
OR you can take one of the trade-in offers (at the normal price).
Any queries, let me know - happy to help.
Old 2017-08-24 , 11:15
Changes remote batteries hourly

@Dashprod is one of those affected by the recent regular SD PVR reboots, but I don't think temporary widely-experienced faulty performance would be considered part of the insurance.
Old 2017-08-25 , 13:21

Well, considering a quarter of my viewing time nowadays is taken up by a blank screen or manually rebooting because it can't rescan completely, I would very much say that it is part of insurance. My decoder is faulty. It reboots daily multiple times. It freezes. It is kaput. An ex-polly.

That aside, the offers above are pathetic. They are offering non insurance holders more value than those paying for insurance. One offer, or pay the same as everyone else?
Stick it, thanks.
Old 2017-11-01 , 15:15

What's the difference between offer 3 and 4? And can I please get a price for offers 4 and 5. I don't like the idea of sending an "interested" sms without any pricing information.
Old 2017-11-01 , 16:14
MultiChoice

Hi, these are the options that we have on our website right now. Any queries, let me know - happy to help.

Trade-in option 1 : get a brand new DStv Explora 2 for only R799 (the normal retail price is R1299). This excludes installation, so please chat to your local DStv Accredited Installer about any potential installation changes required.

Trade-in option 2 : get a DStv Explora 2 PLUS installation (with 80cm dish and DStv Smart LNB) for R999. This option is only suitable if you are able to make use of your own satellite dish.

Trade-in option 3 : get a DStv Explora 2 PLUS DStv HD Decoder PLUS installation (with 80cm dish & DStv Smart LNB) for R1999. This option is only suitable for customers who are able to make use of their own satellite dish.

Trade-in option 4 : get a new DStv Explora PLUS a DStv HD single view decoder PLUS installation and free delivery for only R79 per month (over 24 months). This offer is subject to a credit check and is only available on debit order. Also, it is only suitable if you are able to make use of your own satellite dish. To take up this trade-in deal, please SMS the word YES to 42596 and our team will call you back.

Trade-in option 5 : get TWO new DStv Explora’s PLUS installation and free delivery for only R129 per month (over 24 months). This offer is subject to a credit check and is only available on debit order. Also, it is only suitable if you are able to make use of your own satellite dish. To take up this trade-in deal, please SMS the word YES to 42506 and our team will call you back.