Forum > Value Added Services > DStv Now > Active PVR plus Access Fee, still no access to DSTV Now
Old 2017-01-30 , 21:37
Still listens to the wireless

Unhappy Active PVR plus Access Fee, still no access to DSTV Now

Howdy MC, I have an active Explora, loaded the access fee, am able to watch catch up on the PVR, but somehow, DSTV Now keeps on saying that I must link my smart card, when it clearly is linked...

I have unlinked and re-linked a million times (feels like a million times). I have also removed and reinstalled the app from my phone (iPhone) a few times, but also not even through my laptop...

Any suggestions?
Old 2017-01-31 , 07:16
MultiChoice

Let's start by checking your Connect ID is linked into your account properly and all devices show. Pls PM your details to MC Solomon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2017-01-31 , 09:42
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaapPijl View Post
Howdy MC, I have an active Explora, loaded the access fee, am able to watch catch up on the PVR, but somehow, DSTV Now keeps on saying that I must link my smart card, when it clearly is linked...

I have unlinked and re-linked a million times (feels like a million times). I have also removed and reinstalled the app from my phone (iPhone) a few times, but also not even through my laptop...

Any suggestions?
Have you had a look at the dstv now website?
See this link for the full process required to be able to use DSTV Now. One of the crucial steps is to have a Connect ID.
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2017-01-31 , 11:31

Hi Geoff, yup, linked to Connect ID, but still now working... no worries, I sent a message to MC Solomon now...
Old 2017-03-29 , 08:50

I have a similar issue with connecting or disconnecting smartcards from my profile.. also, when using the app, I different user name or account shows up under my profile... can someone please assist, because if tried calling as well as using the Live chat and neither one could understand my problem...
Old 2017-03-29 , 09:23
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by OomKosie View Post
I have a similar issue with connecting or disconnecting smartcards from my profile.. also, when using the app, I different user name or account shows up under my profile... can someone please assist, because if tried calling as well as using the Live chat and neither one could understand my problem...
Welcome Kosie, send a PM (private message) with these details, and your customer and contact numbers to MC Solomon by clicking here
He'll sort you out but may take a couple of days to respond.
Old 2017-03-29 , 10:45

Thanks,

I've sent a PC to MC Solomon
Old 2017-03-29 , 13:17
MultiChoice

Also please note that for Premium customers, there is no longer a restriction on accessing DStv Now online or on the app. You don't have to have an active PVR or be paying an Access Fee anymore - all Premium customers can now access this service.

And yes MC Solomon will be able to assist to sort out your Connect ID - needs to be linked to your active Premium subscription.
Tags
explora dstv now catchup