Forum > Customer service > Customer service > Error 102-29 Explora V2
Old 2017-02-20 , 12:41
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default Error 102-29 Explora V2

Longish story, here goes.

My only occasionally used secondary PVR experienced this error a couple of months ago. Basically for those interested it says this is not a PVR, or not registered (or something like that)

I called customer service and they said they will clear it and did - albeit temporarily. However what it also did was delete all downloaded Catch-Up titles from my primary Explora. Additionally I now get occasional, perhaps once or twice a week, this same error message popping up on my primary while watching Catch-Up or recorded programs. This ends playback, drops into live TV, and I have to wait a couple of minutes before I can continue watching. Not a huge hassle so I have left it.

SIDEBAR: The most annoying issue with losing Catch-Up is not the several days it takes to download it all again but the loss of the ticks on the episodes you have watched so you have to start each one again to find where you are. First world problems hey.

I have not needed the secondary as a PVR (just watch news and live sport sometimes) since the original phone call but I regularly checked and the error had returned and it would not record or let you watch Catch-Up, and has been like that for weeks.

Now next week The Mother comes for a visit and needs a working PVR. Can we get this problem properly fixed on both units WITHOUT once again deleting all the Catch-Up on the primary? I fear another phone call will result in just that.

What do you need from me?
Old 2017-02-20 , 14:47
Technical Myriad

There is an issue with how your service has been setup. The ONLY way to solve this is with MCs help. I suggest you send MC Solomon a PM message with your account details and a phone number where he can contact you so that your account details can be thoroughly checked.

In the meantime, we can help by verify that there is not something fundamentally wrong with the installation which is causing problems.

To do this, we need details about your install.

(1) the type of LNB used.
(2) The secondary decoder - which one is it?
(3) Are both decoders installed in the same room or in different rooms?
(3) How has the HB cable been run between the decoders?
(4) What are the signal levels on all 3 tuners on the Explora and on all the tuners on the secondary decoder?
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15

Last edited by Geoff D; 2017-02-20 at 18:08. .
Old 2017-02-20 , 16:24

thanks Geoff D
I fully agree with you, if it is not tech related, the error in question usually occurs when the PVR product (HD PVR Access Fee) is not active on the PVR.
This is why we need the DStv account details to check
Old 2017-02-21 , 12:51

Thanks Geoff and Solomon. I have sent a PM to MC.
Pretty sure it's not the install but if MC cannot sort the error I will turn to the install questions. (Signal levels are great)
Old 2017-02-23 , 17:43

2 days and no one from MC has contacted me.