Forum > Content > General > Feedback on closedown of M-Edge
Old 2017-06-30 , 13:51
Changes remote batteries daily

Another negative has less to do with the closure of Edge and more to do with the way that M-Net have decided to fill gaps caused by production breaks. I realise that finding filler content isn't the easiest thing to do, but randomly scheduling new episodes of shows that are usually broadcast on another day just isn't the way to go.
Old 2017-06-30 , 14:44
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citanul View Post
Another negative has less to do with the closure of Edge and more to do with the way that M-Net have decided to fill gaps caused by production breaks. I realise that finding filler content isn't the easiest thing to do, but randomly scheduling new episodes of shows that are usually broadcast on another day just isn't the way to go.
Should rather schedule something like a variety show, music concert to fill those gaps.
Unfortuanately, MC it seems as if what we spoke about when Edge channel was dropped has now been proven to be true. Our concerns have been realised and as much as MC did this with good intentions it would appear that the bad has outweighed the good that this has done.
Old 2017-06-30 , 18:20

Just close the thread and get it over with.
100/50 Fibre (OpenServe/AH Capped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)
Old 2017-07-01 , 10:42
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke7777 View Post
Just close the thread and get it over with.
Disagree, they do want the feedback. It's just pointless & misleading to discuss any additional channel now.
I think this thread will help with the details we go into over time but am still of the opinion that 101 can't possibly handle the full load it's been given on its own, so surely something has to be shifted.
Old 2017-07-01 , 10:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Here's an idea that's come to me out of the blue - share a bit of the adult content between the channels, even if that means some re-branding.

Some of the less sensitive content could be shifted to the daylight hours.
I've just had a quick look at this weekend's scheduling for Vuzu and Vuzu Amp - for Vuzu I found that most of the later night content on tonight and Sunday night is PG13 age restricted or less, and on Vuzu Amp the same applies to Sunday night. (I didn't look further.)
Vuzu Amp can work since it is Premium only. For starters the late-night comedies on M-Net would be a match for the channel (I think).
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.

Last edited by Krugie; 2017-07-01 at 11:20. . Reason: Edit: spelling
Old 2017-07-01 , 11:10
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
For starters the late-night comedies on M-Net would be a march for the channel (I think).
Presume you meant "a match", and had marching orders in mind

Here's another thought (Mad Cat, Citanul etc. will probably shoot me for the idea ) - would some post-midnight series on a movie channel not at least be better than what we have now? (I really do hope not, but what else may work??)
Old 2017-07-01 , 11:22

Quote:
Presume you meant "a match", and had marching orders in mind
Oooops - corrected!

Another idea (which might get me crucified but make me very happy nonetheless) is to move the reality programs and shift programming earlier by an hour.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-07-01 , 13:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
Another idea (which might get me crucified but make me very happy nonetheless) is to move the reality programs and shift programming earlier by an hour.
No crucifixion from me for this suggestion...

Quote:
Here's another thought (Mad Cat, Citanul etc. will probably shoot me for the idea ) - would some post-midnight series on a movie channel not at least be better than what we have now? (I really do hope not, but what else may work??)
...but both barrels for this one.
Old 2017-07-01 , 14:10
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

For the sake of feedback, because Marietjie made it very clear that na matter what we say we will not get the channel back here is my 2 cents worth.

It does not matter how many times we are told that we are better off the fact that we lost the express from the USA setup, that we have to wait way beyond production break times for very popular programs like Madam Secretary, Blue bloods, The Blacklist and the NCIS series of productions to name but a few is a clear indication that it is not possible to cram all the material of two channels into one without sacrificing something.
Old 2017-07-01 , 15:53

Quote:
Disagree, they do want the feedback. It's just pointless & misleading to discuss any additional channel now.
I think this thread will help with the details we go into over time but am still of the opinion that 101 can't possibly handle the full load it's been given on its own, so surely something has to be shifted.
Feedback on what ? They close a (very popular) channel due to economics (so why did my subs increase) and then try to justify it by trying to pack everything into 1 channel, not giving a hoot about when those programs are now shown live. What feedback do you think will help.. how to move programs around ? I'm sorry, MC dropped the ball on this one. I'm not satisfied with the fact that one now have to wait many months for stuff that was Express or close to it previously. Don't give me the tough scheduling excuse either. I don't care
100/50 Fibre (OpenServe/AH Capped)
------------------------------------------
DSD1110 in holiday mode
DSTV Mobile via Drifta WiFi (S5& iPad)

Last edited by Luke7777; 2017-07-01 at 15:56. .