Forum > Content > General > Advertising of new seasons
Old 2017-06-03 , 10:43
Knows how to use a remote

Default Advertising of new seasons

The cross channel advertising on dstv is pathetic. Unless you watch mnet 24/7 you dont know what is happening on that channel. I see Hawaii Five-0 has started a new season and not once have i seen an advert for it. This seems to the same with a lot of channels.
This is also made a lot worse in that some of the series do not keep the whole season on catchup or catchup plus because of some rights issue, so inevitably you miss the first few episodes but cant go back and watch them. *rant over*
Old 2017-06-03 , 20:48

I also struggle to find shows, I try to check the forums when they post Highlights but sometimes it is so late.

#TVisSUPPOSEtobeFUN
Old 2017-06-03 , 20:51

I also sent a PM to MC Solomon about my TV Magazine that I am not getting in the mail, twice now. Not sure if they on Holiday.
Old 2017-06-03 , 22:50
Changes remote batteries daily

For years, there has been a calendar that indicates what shows are starting during the month.

I have always argued that I want to know when a show (season) starts and not what is starting on a particular date.

However, the powers that be disagree. Perhaps you could get them to change their minds.
Old 2017-06-03 , 22:59

I agree completely, I just want a handy PDF-like highlights page for the month, which can be updated on the DSTV Now app for example if there are changes. Content discovery is so hard with DSTV.

The most frustrating thing is nobody is apparently listening. As a premium subscriber I would like to know what is available to watch, its terrible confusing. Every day I need to check multiple sources (Facebook, Twitter, Forums, DSTV Website, TV guide) and nothing is in a clear an accessible format.

Please just have a highlights section on the DSTV Now app, and please somebody at MC send me my DSTV Magazine.
Old 2017-06-04 , 08:32
MultiChoice

Default Advertising of new seasons

Folks there is a digital version of the DStv magazine available online. You can also subscribe to the DStv email newsletter that gets delivered to your inbox every Wednesday with weekly highlights. And of course there is a series calendar and highlights on DStv.com
Also our Facebook and twitter feeds post daily highlights.
There is a search function on your decoder for new series.
And we're working on adding more recommendations on DStv Now.
Helping you find something that you would like to watch is just as important to us as it is to you! We want you to enjoy your TV viewing!
Old 2017-06-04 , 08:44

@MC Maretjie

Thank you for your response. I am aware of all the channels, as I listed them. However, I am kindly trying to say that this is so confusing for a customer. Its an overload to have to be checking all these various channels on a daily basis. The big problem is that we are working so I believe many people don't have the time to check all these sources, and more so, many more aren't technologically clued up.

The current way of working is not working, this is what I am highlighting. You will remember that I used to access the DSTV mag on my iPad but that is not working anymore because of your provider. I do not find accessing it on my laptop helpful or user friendly. That is why I have been asking for improvements to DSTV Now.

Not to be funny MC Marietjie, but I am trying to say that this needs to be looked at. Because as @Dreamer have said once you miss a new show there aren't always CU for long enough to be able to catch up again. I appreciate that MC is trying to work this out but TV is suppose to be fun, the latest changes with EDGE falling away and the Extended Prime Time on MNET.

The 101 show were so suppose to help us, but you realized nobody gonna watch a 30 min show about TV shows. This need to be a highlight insert throughout the MNET channels and in my opinion on the DSTV Now app. At the moment planning my viewing is a chore, that should not be the case. But because of less repeats or not second recording ability on Explora this is where we are at.

Just my opinion, as a dwindling Premium customer base.
Old 2017-06-04 , 08:45

I would still please want somebody to get back to me with regards to my DSTV magazine that is not delivered.
Old 2017-06-04 , 08:49

MC Marietjie may I also just say that I cannot access the Online DStv magazine on my MacBook because Adobe Flash is disabled by default because its not a safe plugin to use because of vulnerabilities. Hence why I do not find the online one usable. I would rather download a pdf version then that layout is accessible on an iPad.

Thank you for listening to us, as I understand you are also a TV fan. This is just an honest opinion from one of your premium subscribers.
Old 2017-06-04 , 09:26
MultiChoice

@JacoHD - send your details to MC Solomon so he can look into your magazine issue