Forum > Content > General > SundanceTV
Old 2017-05-24 , 12:53
Knows how to use a remote

Default Channel 140 content.

Hi everybody.

I don't have a problem with the channel 108 addition to premium, and or that the lower packages got other channels.
It's about the programs on the new channel.
Somebody that followed the series fear the walking dead on Easyview, will now have to pay R760 / month extra to keep following the series.
I think this is really unfair and even maybe against the consumer law / protection. (Verbruikerswet).
Old 2017-05-24 , 12:55
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
And us Premium subscribers feel the exact opposite.. hehe.. recently most additions have been to lower tied packages and aimed at them while we felt we are not getting enough attention. so I guess you can NEVER please everyone.
It's not that Premium subscribers are getting something the rest don't get, as this is actually okay as it may justify and upgrade.

It's about the fact that series people have emotionally invested in are now being taken away from them. Add this to the fact that AMC doesn't have a second tier channel in SA so these shows won't appear in some second window.
Old 2017-05-24 , 12:56
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biltongboer View Post
It's about the programs on the new channel.
Somebody that followed the series fear the walking dead on Easyview, will now have to pay R760 / month extra to keep following the series.
I think this is really unfair and even maybe against the consumer law / protection. (Verbruikerswet).
Maybe if it was a continuation of a season of the series, but with new seasons I wouldn't think so as it's not an interruption as such - changes can and will happen.
Old 2017-05-24 , 13:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revorushin View Post
It's about the fact that series people have emotionally invested in are now being taken away from them. Add this to the fact that AMC doesn't have a second tier channel in SA so these shows won't appear in some second window.
I wonder if they won't appear on ShowMax later, then it would make more sense, economically as well.
Old 2017-05-24 , 13:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
changes can and will happen.
Agreed - and programs move from one channel to another - even in the UK & US (or from one satellite provider to another) so people do at times loose access to content they used to have before (and others gain).

The same thing happened even when some programs moved from M-Net to M-Net Edge and/or Vuzu Amp - people with only analogue decoders lost access to those series.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-05-24 , 13:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
Agreed - and programs move from one channel to another - even in the UK & US (or from one satellite provider to another) so people do at times loose access to content they used to have before (and others gain).

The same thing happened even when some programs moved from M-Net to M-Net Edge and/or Vuzu Amp - people with only analogue decoders lost access to those series.
this is not the same as that.
With that change, we knew six months later whatever comes on Vuzu Amp and Mnet will be on Mnet City and Vuzu. We don't have that assurance now.
Old 2017-05-24 , 13:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revorushin View Post
this is not the same as that.
With that change, we knew six months later whatever comes on Vuzu Amp and Mnet will be on Mnet City and Vuzu. We don't have that assurance now.
I am referring to people with (old) analogue decoders - they have no access to M-Net City or Vuzu - only M-Net and CSN.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-05-30 , 17:01

The Sundance TV channel has been added and is on the Explora EPG, but not on all EPG's yet. My SBR's already set
Old 2017-05-30 , 17:58

I'll check to see if I have it

Explora
Old 2017-05-30 , 18:13
Knows how to use a remote

Good news. Nice to see an addition after all the recent cuts.