Forum > Content > General > SundanceTV
Old 2017-05-23 , 10:51
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
...we have to leave something for you to look forward to on day of the launch!
not the way we see it...

But hopefully, IF there was a problem, Mad Cat's post will help in getting it corrected before launch
Old 2017-05-23 , 10:59
Changes remote batteries daily. Has an entire thread named after her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
The schedule will be available as soon as the channel launches - we have to leave something for you to look forward to on day of the launch!
I for one can look forward to something with information in hand. Being in the dark just leads me to trepidation
Old 2017-05-23 , 11:25
4K, baby!

Although always best to wait and see just what any channel has for us before passing comment I must say that for once, in a very long time, this APPEARS to be a channel that will appeal to me. From what little I know of the Sundance Film Festivals they mostly show non main stream type movies. That is movies that DON'T only rely on special effects but rather have some sort of story line to hold one's interest. So, for now anyway, I'm really looking forward to this channel.

Just hope it doesn't disappoint and show the same movies hundreds of times before getting replaced. But, I see in the advert, they say that they've taken notice of the complaints and promise to have new content. Will have to see.

Thanks MC for obtaining what seems to be a decent channel.
Old 2017-05-23 , 12:27
Changes remote batteries daily

Also looking forward to this as an alternative source of (hopefully) quality entertainment. It appears to be more General Entertainment than purely movies so the channel number is a bit strange for me but not really an issue as the channel numbers are no longer very distinguishable in any case.

Thanks MC!
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-05-23 , 12:32

I tend to think that the channel numbers order is somewhat parallel to mainstream content quality (depending on one's tastes of course), so 108 is good news to me but I'm surprised as AFAIK these first few channels have never been shared with another source beyond the M-Group before.
Old 2017-05-23 , 13:00

Yes very strange. However maybe with it so close to mnet channels people are more likely to come across it and actually watch it.

Explora
Old 2017-05-23 , 22:39
Knows how to use a remote

Unhappy Lower packages.

What an disappointment.
Channel 140 (AMC) gets removed, because of underperforming series / programs.
Now an new channel gets launced with great fanfare and exclusive to premium subscribers, with many of the series that was on this underperforming channel 140.
Again the people on lower packages loses.
As was the case with US Open tennis etc..
The focus is mainly on premium customers, although about 9 million out of 11 million subscribers is on lower packages.
I know this is the purpose of your business model to get everybody to subscribe to the premium package.
But be very careful in alienating your biggest client base.
I am certainly not going to pay R600 more per month just to watch some series, and many people also can't afford the premium package.

But in any case, your premium customers must enjoy the channel.
It sounds to be an very interesting channel.
Old 2017-05-24 , 10:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biltongboer View Post
Again the people on lower packages loses.
And us Premium subscribers feel the exact opposite.. hehe.. recently most additions have been to lower tied packages and aimed at them while we felt we are not getting enough attention. so I guess you can NEVER please everyone.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-05-24 , 12:30
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
And us Premium subscribers feel the exact opposite.. hehe.. recently most additions have been to lower tied packages and aimed at them while we felt we are not getting enough attention. so I guess you can NEVER please everyone.
Yes. My feelings as well. But I do agree that removing AMC wasn't a good idea and it, or something similar, should have been made available to these lower packages. Do they have TCM?
Old 2017-05-24 , 12:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Yes. My feelings as well. But I do agree that removing AMC wasn't a good idea and it, or something similar, should have been made available to these lower packages. Do they have TCM?
Something similar was added for most - the new eTV movie channels, only not for EasyView but they did get 195 eTV Extra which has some movies.