Forum > Value Added Services > BoxOffice > BO likes / dislikes
Old 2015-08-07 , 10:47
Changes remote batteries hourly

Ok, some convincing arguments from the expert.. I'm sold

I suppose I'm too much of a speed freak to have stopped watching them that early Anelist, and I must say I've enjoyed the rest of the drama, as Nic says it's changed quite a bit, later ones do have far more body to the storyline.

Have you seen Insurgent yet Nic? The first one, "Divergent", was great, some really interesting insights into society structure and an absorbing story & environment.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Nic View Post
Somehow the producers manage to consistently put together movies that are a bundle of fun to watch, regardless of how unbelievably outrageous they are. It’s very similar to the Saw and Mission Impossible franchises, and even the Insidious franchise for that matter – all completely insane movies but always delivering on their mandate.
So true. Wish they would produce more of Mission Impossible in particular, as good as the James Bond movies IMO.

Last edited by Optimist; 2015-08-07 at 11:10. .
Old 2015-08-07 , 11:12
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post

Have you seen Insurgent yet Nic? The first one, "Divergent", was great, some really interesting insights into society structure and an absorbing story & environment.
I actually missed Divergent so I skipped over Insurgent. It's a bit "young" for me - aimed more at the Twilight generation.

Although...I very much enjoyed The Maze Runner which I think is very similar in a lot of ways.
Old 2015-08-07 , 11:18

Interesting, I found Divergent to be a more mature theme than Maze Runner. The latter was more groundbreaking though.
Old 2015-08-11 , 09:55
MultiChoice

Quote:
Interesting, I found Divergent to be a more mature theme than Maze Runner. The latter was more groundbreaking though.

Maybe I'll give it a try.
Old 2015-10-10 , 08:41
4K, baby!

Default DELIGHTFUL: Far From the Madding Crowd

What a delightful movie!

Exceptionally well cast, with Carey Mulligan in the leading role as Bathsheba Everdene. She is a beautiful, headstrong, but naÔve young spinster who inherits a farm in Dorset in the 1870s and is determined to be as successful as the men of the Parish who own and run the surrounding farms.

She attracts three extremely different suitors: Gabriel Oak played by Matthias Schoenaerts, a kind, loyal and extremely hard-working sheep farmer; Frank Troy, played by Tom Sturridge, a reckless & mercurial army Sergeant and William Boldwood played by Michael Sheen, a wealthy, sad, middle-aged bachelor, who is her neighbour.

I remember this book, by Thomas Hardy, being as dry as sawdust when I read it as a teenager, as a set book (thatís possibly why); but the movie is terrific. Itís a delightful story, it flows well, the cinematography is wonderful and the cast members are perfect in their respective roles. Supporting cast is excellent too.

Iíd have liked to have seen this movie on the big screen primarily because of the lovely, flowing country scenes but, unfortunately missed it. A must on Box-Office! Enjoy

Cheers, K.

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2015-10-10 at 08:50. . Reason: spelling and tidy up
Old 2015-10-10 , 09:31

We might then give that a try, Sandtonman, thanks, thought it was just another of the never-ending romantic variations.

Wasn't mad about Mad Max, struck me as being mostly endless violence and special effects, nothing like the previous movie episodes IMHO.
Maybe I'm just getting too old for that kind of stuff??

Last edited by Optimist; 2015-10-10 at 09:33. . Reason: Typo
Old 2015-10-10 , 09:38
4K, baby!

Quote:
We might then give that a try, Sandtonman, thanks, thought it was just another of the never-ending romantic variations.
It is a romantic story, for sure; but not at all a sloppy, soppy romance.
It is an interesting comment on the time in which it was set and a really decent piece of cinema. Cheers, K.
Old 2015-10-14 , 09:57

Good grief! These last few weeks every time I look at what's coming there's more, and more, AND MORE titles being added - I'm literally starting to drown in content choice!!
()
http://boxoffice.dstv.com/browse-mov...le=Coming Soon

Hope Hollywood slows down again soon
Old 2016-02-07 , 14:42

Don't miss The Martian with Matt Damon, one of the best sci-fi's I've seen in a loong time!

And not just for sci-fi fans, although mostly based in space it's more a human / survival / adventure story with little that's unfamiliar or weird.

I see it should launch tomorrow, something like this is usually on all PVRs.

@MC Nic - any idea yet when the Spectre James Bond movie will be available?
First one ever that I didn't go to the cinema for.
EDIT: More info now here: Spectre

Last edited by Optimist; 2016-02-16 at 23:16. .
Old 2016-02-08 , 11:10
MultiChoice

Quote:
Don't miss The Martian with Matt Damon, one of the best sci-fi's I've seen in a loong time!

And not just for sci-fi fans, although mostly based in space it's more a human / survival / adventure story with little that's unfamiliar or weird.

I see it should launch tomorrow, something like this is usually on all PVRs.
Top of my "to watch" list this week!

Quote:
@MC Nic - any idea yet when the Spectre James Bond movie will be available?
First one ever that I didn't go to the cinema for.
I'll have to ask. I don't see it on any schedules yet, but usually the wait between cinema and DVD/BoxOffice is anywhere from two to six months. Usually.