Forum > Decoders > PVR Decoders > Lost all Catch Up and Box Office content
Old 2014-06-15 , 11:17
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default Lost all Catch Up and Box Office content

Hi,

Tried to play back The Mentalist in Catch Up this morning and got an error saying data was corrupt and I should delete the file from my playlist. The same episode which I fortunately also recorded in my playlist is fine.

Decided to reboot the Explora and when it came back up all the content in Box Office and Catch Up had been removed and said it was downloading it. Up until yesterday before the bad weather everything was fine. Seems odd that the entire content except my playlist was completely deleted? There was no issue playing back Catch Up content yesterday.

Nelis
Old 2014-06-17 , 15:07
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

To those interested(not much it would seem).

After a couple of days all Catch Up content and Box Office downloaded again to my Explora. The only problem was that a single night of bad weather also screwed up something with all my planned series schedules. Every scheduled recording had the same date and all were failing. I had to go and delete every scheduled series from the planner, re-add them and only then did things start to look normal again. This is a huge pain having to record content you've already seen etc and having content shown in Catch Up as not seen. What an annoyance.

The Explora seems to have a serious problem in dealing with bad weather from my experience. One would think that important data on the system, such as metadata would some how have a backup and can be checked for errors when new content is added. There doesn't seem to be any redundancy in place for the system files that the UI depends on. I see this as being a major issue, especially in Winter here in Cape Town. This is all an assumption of course based on the lack of details we have on the new system.

Cheers,
Nelis