Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > HD PVR > Sound drop out when exiting Supersport Interactive
Old 2008-11-23 , 17:52
Knows how to use a remote

Default Sound drop out when exiting Supersport Interactive

Any one noticed the brief sound drop out when exiting interactive services? If so any ideas why? It is not a major problem because it is so brief, but is clearly there.
Old 2008-11-23 , 18:30
A big, eagle-eyed baobab.

I guess you've only had your decoder about a month?
Before the last software update it would reset the channel causing a delay of upto 10 secs in video & audio, so its now down to half a second which we quite satisifed with, for the moment
Old 2008-11-23 , 20:44

Nah I've had mine since day 1 of release and have only really noticed since last s/w update, defintely not there b4 the latest release. I certainly never had the channel reset or 10 sec delay. Cannot recall seeing it on the wiki either but will go back and check, I doubt that Patrick will not have it.
Old 2008-11-23 , 20:45

Default Sound breakup

Hi there

My HD PVR has the habit to make the sound break up, think of someone that had a hole cut in his throat and talk via a talk box, That is where i starts and then goes worse.

To fix I got to channel up or down and then back. all normal then again for a short period.

anyone also having this. (seriously I did not join a beta team, if MCA expects the HD to be accepted by the public they need to fix these, One of the guys at the office referred to the HD as a sad beta program and he def holding off a year, I can't blame him after my first month)

Firware 2.288
Loader 3.6
Appl SW 1.14.0.84

SC Ver 5.4 build 39
CA Build 3.6.8Pace/MCABuild1
CA SW 3.6.8PAC..3.5.13

G
Old 2008-11-23 , 21:00
A big, eagle-eyed baobab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony r View Post
Nah I've had mine since day 1 of release and have only really noticed since last s/w update, defintely not there b4 the latest release. I certainly never had the channel reset or 10 sec delay. Cannot recall seeing it on the wiki either but will go back and check, I doubt that Patrick will not have it.
hmm, thats a little weird. You right, i dont see it on the Wiki or on the fixed issues. Coulda sworn it was a general issue
Old 2008-11-23 , 22:57
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

@Georgelza

I have experienced this a few times but it only happens temporarily on some prgrams and is limited to that particular program on that particular channel. Therefore I don't think it is a HDPVR problem but rather a uplink problem.
Old 2008-11-24 , 18:41

Hi there

If a uplink problem then it should be on the SD PVR also, but not. only on HD.

G
Old 2008-11-24 , 20:21
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelza View Post
Hi there

G
Do you use the SD's Fibre Toslink or Digital Coax for sound or normal Stereo?
Could be that it only happens with the digital sound.
And we are talking about 2 differant problems. Sound breakup when going out of interactive services and normal sound breakup during broadcasting
The last one is in some cases uplink and in other cases depending on what you do a problem with the PVR. Try playing Slow Mo in the buffer and then resume normal play in the buffer. Mine loses sound for about 15 sec.

Last edited by Barendb; 2008-11-24 at 20:25. .
Old 2008-11-25 , 15:27
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelza View Post
Hi there

G
No you would not see it on the SDPVR as it does not receive the HD channel which is a different broadcast altogether.