Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > HD PVR > HD PVR attempting DL any time it likes

Old 2011-04-10 , 08:51
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default HD PVR attempting DL any time it likes

Is anyone else having the problem with their HD PVR attempting downloads at all hours of the day and night?

Like last night we were watching Top Chef Masters and 5 minutes before the end the main decoder in our house went dark, flashed DL and then when it didn't find anything, rebooted.

Luckily we have ExtraView in the house, and my decoder was still running, but then 30 minutes later, mine flashed DL, didn't find anything and then rebooted.

Then about 2 hours later we repeated the whole scenario with the end of The Lovely Bones!

What's the point of setting an automatic download time in your decoder setup if you're not sticking to it?!

Otherwise just give me the option to manually check for updates and I'll run them when it suits me, because clearly you (and by you I mean DSTV!) can't stick to your own set automatic time of 3am!
Old 2011-04-10 , 09:03
Banned

When the decoders begin a reboot sequence they always display DL as part of doing that, but it doesn't necessarily mean a download is in progress.

There was some work being done yesterday relating to one of the transponders on the satellite, details as to why are unknown, so this could explain why this rebooting was happening but that's just a guess...

Last edited by Brian G; 2011-04-10 at 09:26. .
Old 2011-04-10 , 10:00
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesistt View Post
..........flashed DL and then when it didn't find anything, rebooted......
It's not trying to download, most likely it's simply crashing and rebooting, Genesistt.

Let us know which PVR you have and more about your config and perhaps we can help you. Cheers, K.

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2011-04-10 at 11:57. .
Old 2011-04-10 , 10:17
Changes remote batteries daily

also got the twice reboot on my UEC yesterday evening in the space of about 20 min

silent witness
Old 2011-04-10 , 10:57

.....and another one as i am watching f1

silent witness
Old 2011-04-10 , 11:03
4K, baby!

Question reboots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulani View Post
.....and another one as i am watching f1
Hi Tulani, I've also had 4 unexplained reboots on my UEC since Friday evening.
Old 2011-04-10 , 11:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtonman View Post
Hi Tulani, I've also had 4 unexplained reboots on my UEC since Friday evening.
a bug? Transponder issues? What do you make of it Pal? Can't get a recording going coz it wil be cut short.

silent witness
Old 2011-04-10 , 11:12
4K, baby!

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulani View Post
a bug? Transponder issues? What do you make of it Pal? Can't get a recording going coz it wil be cut short.
Dunno, Tulani. My 2P has been rock solid over the same period. Just checked again and volume on the UEC was 50% so another reboot in the night when nothing being touched.

I don't claim to have knowledge of any of the transmission stuff, so no idea why this might happen. Comments, Geoff?

Cheers, K
Old 2011-04-10 , 11:30
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtonman View Post
Dunno, Tulani. My 2P has been rock solid over the same period. Just checked again and volume on the UEC was 50% so another reboot in the night when nothing being touched.

I don't claim to have knowledge of any of the transmission stuff, so no idea why this might happen. Comments, Geoff?

Cheers, K

yes the reboots struck yesterday as reported by others - really ****** me off, messed up recording of the Rugby and the other recordings I had set

why the hell 4 reboots over one weekend ---??

Then the same started happenining on the SD decoder ----- just not on when this strikes in prime viewing time because someone in MC is playing silly buggers !!

It all started when the data stream to the one transponder was dropped -----
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15

Last edited by Geoff D; 2011-04-10 at 11:33. .
Old 2011-04-11 , 06:56
Knows how to use a remote

I have the same problem - UEC 4P. Had 2 reboots while watching shows this weekend. It seems to crash completely. If I leave it for 20 minutes it still shows "DL" or something. Power cycling and rebooting works. But it is very annoying. And recordings that was busy at the time get lost.

I have been observing this problem for the last couple of months already but wasn't frequent enough to bother me, but it seems to have been increasing lately.