Forum > Content > General > Advertising of new seasons
Old 2017-06-04 , 09:28
Knows how to use a remote

@McMarietjie I have twice in the past week. Will do so again. Thanks
Old 2017-06-05 , 12:08

I honestly don't have the time to scour social networks to check what new series might be starting.
The last DSTV email newsletter never mentioned anything about Hawaii Five-0.
Push technology is the answer - Could DSTV not create an email group (like the DSTV email newsletter) that people can subscribe to, that lists all the series that are on or are starting within the next week?
Maybe something like this:

New Series Starting this week:

Existing/Current Series on this week:

Series starting soon:
Old 2017-06-05 , 12:45
MultiChoice

Interesting suggestion - will pass it on to the team responsible for newsletters and content discovery. Perhaps we can include in the existing newsletters.

You can also find new series on your decoder under search.
Old 2017-06-05 , 12:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
Interesting suggestion - will pass it on to the team responsible for newsletters and content discovery. Perhaps we can include in the existing newsletters.

You can also find new series on your decoder under search.
Thank you MC Marietjie
Old 2017-07-07 , 22:39

Just bringing this up again as i almost missed the continuation of The Blacklist last week. I was just flipping channels and saw that The Blacklist was starting again. I watch dstv everyday and not once did i see any advert that it was starting again.
Old 2017-07-08 , 08:31
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
Just bringing this up again as i almost missed the continuation of The Blacklist last week. I was just flipping channels and saw that The Blacklist was starting again. I watch dstv everyday and not once did i see any advert that it was starting again.
Again, so easy if they had a name based list of popular series instead of a date based list. This list could even get tightened up as the date approaches.

For example.

Show A = 5 August 2017
Show B = End of 2017
Show C = Spring 2017
Show D = 2018
Show E = September 2017
Show F = 2017/2018

Sorted by name, then you can see when your show is going to start.

You could even add tags.

UNCONFIRMED = Show producers are planning a season, but not confirmed for DSTV.
Old 2017-07-10 , 16:49
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacoHD View Post
I also struggle to find shows, I try to check the forums when they post Highlights but sometimes it is so late.

#TVisSUPPOSEtobeFUN
best place i found is mnet.tv and add titles you want to your Google Calendar, thats what i do anyway
Old 2017-07-20 , 17:26
Still gets up to change channels

I agree with Jaco and Dreamer; the advertising of new series/seasons has not been adequate. I subscribe to the newsletter, regularly check the DSTV website and I also haven't received a magazine for the last year (not sure whether it is a post office issue, but I don't get one). Just discovered today that the new season of Project Runway is on episode 8 already and at an odd midday time slot. I don't always have time to check this forum and the Series/CU Calendars on the website don't always have all the new seasons listed. The show is also not available on Catch Up, by the looks of things. I appreciate that lately there is "NEW" in front of shows, but that was a late addition to some series that already started. Sorry MC Marietjie, I know you're trying your best, but I can't help but agree with Jaco and Dreamer on this matter. Communication must improve on new seasons and shows.
Old 2017-07-20 , 18:28

Hi everyone

Personally I think the New Seasons search on the Explora (which MC Marietjie has mentioned) is the best way to find our newest scheduled shows. You can find this on the Explora under Search - Series - New Seasons. Though it's worth defining a list of 'Favourite Channels' first (and choosing your favourite channel list after selecting the search option) or else you'll get an overwhelming number of shows. Keep in mind this option only works for series (generally comedies and dramas), unfortunately, there isn't a new seasons search for documentaries/magazines/quiz shows. I usually do this search once a week on my favourite channels and I find this works quite well for me.

Last edited by MC Trisan; 2017-07-20 at 18:32. .
Old 2017-07-21 , 09:04
Changes remote batteries hourly

That's a good way to do it Trisan, thanks, never thought of doing that with one of our user defined Channel Groups (old term is "Favourite Channels").

The problem is how can the rest of the public be informed about making use of this combination option, and it's a bit complicated for the average user so maybe needs simplifying somehow - maybe related help instructions in that search section that explain it's far less "cluttered" to use when selecting a channel group with our channels of choice..