Old 2012-04-14 , 14:18
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Question Remote Functionality Delays

Can anyone please give me the manual procedure and password for a Factory Reset? You can PM me.

Is the on-board FR sufficient to perform?
Menu<1<1<i<7

Pace Single View 2 Tuners. Happened again at 14:00 on the change of the hour for about 25 secs. Trying to change stations at the time.

The remote control functionality is again delayed mostly every hour and on the half-hour, sometimes in-between as well.
I recently Factory Reset it about 2 days ago with assistance but forgot all the detail and password.

Also please advise if it will now be required to do this regularly.
If so, it will be quite sad as parameters and fields are set to default and schedules are also wiped.
Old 2012-04-14 , 16:44
Changes remote batteries hourly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossie Bossert View Post
Can anyone please give me the manual procedure and password for a Factory Reset? You can PM me.

Is the on-board FR sufficient to perform?
Menu<1<1<i<7

Pace Single View 2 Tuners. Happened again at 14:00 on the change of the hour for about 25 secs. Trying to change stations at the time.

The remote control functionality is again delayed mostly every hour and on the half-hour, sometimes in-between as well.
I recently Factory Reset it about 2 days ago with assistance but forgot all the detail and password.

Also please advise if it will now be required to do this regularly.
If so, it will be quite sad as parameters and fields are set to default and schedules are also wiped.
Is the 1100 the primary Xtraview decoder? The half hour sounds like a heartbeat issue or possibly have something in your environment activating every 30 mins. Are all sensors / detectors on your TV/Panel off?

G
Old 2012-04-14 , 20:10

Unhappy @gwalker

Missed your post a man must eat . . .
I have tested and confirmed that there are no devices, Plasmas or other that can interfere. We don't make use of signal extenders and the "MicroWave is broken".
This is new since recent and yes, 1110 is XtraView.
The previous Factory Reset had a positive effect. I see the onboard feature to FR also asks for the PIN. PMPIN?

It is not so bad now and it is anticipated but sometimes it is very frustrating. No other activities like shedules or recording is interfering. Must have to do with routines, data interchange, buffers, processing power. Disk is only 40% in use for own recorded progs.
Old 2012-04-14 , 20:44
4K, baby!

Since reading earlier posts I too have noticed that the problem regarding slow response to the remote instructions seem to be occuring on the hour mark more so than at any other time. Will watch this closely from now on.

This swap decoder of mine is working a bit better with the delay in response time maybe ONLY taking up to a minute at a time unlike the previous five minutes that I was experiencing with the older decoder.

Have since spoken to my son-in-law who has the Pace 2 Decoder and he has informed me that he has experienced this lack of response from the decoder to remote instructions as well. Has been rebooting his machine.
Old 2012-04-14 , 23:00

Quote:
Missed your post a man must eat . . .
I have tested and confirmed that there are no devices, Plasmas or other that can interfere. We don't make use of signal extenders and the "MicroWave is broken".
This is new since recent and yes, 1110 is XtraView.
The previous Factory Reset had a positive effect. I see the onboard feature to FR also asks for the PIN. PMPIN?

It is not so bad now and it is anticipated but sometimes it is very frustrating. No other activities like shedules or recording is interfering. Must have to do with routines, data interchange, buffers, processing power. Disk is only 40% in use for own recorded progs.
Which is the primary Xtraview decoder the 1110 or HD PVR?

G
Old 2012-04-15 , 09:54

Default @gwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalker View Post
Which is the primary Xtraview decoder the 1110 or HD PVR?

G
1110 is secondary XtraView, HDPVR Pace 2T is Primary.

This morning 04:56-57 and again 05:56-57 remote commands buffered for about 20-25 seconds and executed one-after-the-other once delay was over.

It appears that someone has taken note of the previous time of on the mark of the hour and moved execution of routines / data load etc. earlier.
It must have something to do with the ability of the processor with regards to the amount of routines, data handling etc. that is scheduled. Remote takes backseat.

Is there no way that someone with access to the servers / control centres to associate contents of complaints with scheduled server program times from that perspective?

These causes also affect ones ability to manage play-back and any other remote control requests. e.g. If you are FFWding during this delay period, and tries to Stop or Play it "runs away till after the delay.
Reading through some of these complaints, I can ascribe many to this delay effect as the main cause due to the fact that the user looses control of the decoder via the Remote and has to wait till after this delay period..
Old 2012-04-15 , 10:37

Quote:
1110 is secondary XtraView, HDPVR Pace 2T is Primary.

This morning 04:56-57 and again 05:56-57 remote commands buffered for about 20-25 seconds and executed one-after-the-other once delay was over.

It appears that someone has taken note of the previous time of on the mark of the hour and moved execution of routines / data load etc. earlier.
It must have something to do with the ability of the processor with regards to the amount of routines, data handling etc. that is scheduled. Remote takes backseat.

Is there no way that someone with access to the servers / control centres to associate contents of complaints with scheduled server program times from that perspective?

These causes also affect ones ability to manage play-back and any other remote control requests. e.g. If you are FFWding during this delay period, and tries to Stop or Play it "runs away till after the delay.
Reading through some of these complaints, I can ascribe many to this delay effect as the main cause due to the fact that the user looses control of the decoder via the Remote and has to wait till after this delay period..
Xtraview heart beat happens every 30 seconds. It has been reported the remote dies during heart beats. If a heart beat is not received every 30 mins, it fails. The new software may do a "force" every 30 mins. I could be off with this guess. If you watch the Xtraview does it receive Xtraview heart beat?

The other issue could be remote relay from the 1110 or HD is enabled could cause the Remote module to get flooded.

G
Old 2012-04-15 , 19:48

Default Guys

I have reduced the load as much as I could from the HDPVR P2 as elsewhere in this thread.

The only other thing is to "Kill XtraView" or DownGrade to reduce the load.

Sad to say: at the change of the hour to 19:00, exactly on the mark, I started experiencing Remote Key Functionality Delays (buffering) for up to 23 second and some occasional delays there-after for about another 15 seconds.

I have never experienced this severity and regularity of delays before (the so called upgrade).

No-one can tell me now that the HDPVR P2 Processor Capabilities are sufficient for the payload expected of it.

- Signal Levels are Excellent on both decoders.
- Grade of Service is 100% on both decoders.
- HeartBeat exactly every 2 minutes.

Let me disclose an embarrassing and argument-worthy scenario:
"My wife and I could be watching a PG, 16 or 18 rated programme, whether this be recorded or real time.
(The remote ready in the event that I might want to stop the show.)
A Knock on the door, my wife opens and in comes the family with their kids.
A bed scene is playing on the TV which I cannot stop, pause, change station or other; for more than 20 seconds.
What an embarrasment for both families."

It is my responsibility to comply with the laws pertaining to supervision and rated films.
There is no opportunity to comply with this law if I lose control of the equipment a the time, other than to "pluck it from the wall" or "Chase the family away . ."!!

This might appear as A joke but read into it the realism of the situation rather than the embarrasment. It could happen to you . . .

Can DSTV / MC declare if there is a problem or not, what to do about it and how to manage it in the interim???

If there is no problem, I need the parameters of the ideal setup so that I can have a system that allows me to manage it with delays of less than 3 seconds; this be reasonable in a 21st century world.

Alternatively; what decoder is capable of delivering a premium performance?

(This might be a light hearted publication but please take note of the consequences if not improved soon)

Comments and further advice will be welcomed. Thanks to the people who have contributed and would probably continue to do so.
Old 2012-04-15 , 20:14

Default Log

Interesting;
Hour 20:00 changed without any event.
Monitored from 19:55 till 20:06
Old 2012-04-15 , 21:11

Exclamation Log

Improvement? Hopefully!
Hour 21:00 changed without any event.
Monitored from 20:55 till 21:06