Forum > DStv Forum Archive (12 May 2014) > DStv Products > HD PVR > My recordings are beginning to disappear... and one more problem!
Old 2008-12-01 , 00:57
Changes remote batteries daily

Default My recordings are beginning to disappear... and one more problem!

I can't begin to tell you the number of problems I've had with my HDPVR, but disappearing recordings were never one of them. I purchased my decoder on the 14th of August and since then till about 2 weeks ago, around 2-3 out of every 10-12 recordings just disappear.

I select it from the playlist and it just vanishes!

Another problem I've been having lately is the name change of recordings. A lot of them are becoming titled "no name" for no reason.

If it hadn't been for the content on MnetHD, I would have taken a hammer to this piece of ****!

Never in the history of electronic devices has anything been released with so many flaws!
It should be in the "guinness world records"
Old 2008-12-01 , 09:11
Technical Myriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAVADO View Post
I can't begin to tell you the number of problems I've had with my HDPVR, but disappearing recordings were never one of them. I purchased my decoder on the 14th of August and since then till about 2 weeks ago, around 2-3 out of every 10-12 recordings just disappear.

I select it from the playlist and it just vanishes!

Another problem I've been having lately is the name change of recordings. A lot of them are becoming titled "no name" for no reason.

If it hadn't been for the content on MnetHD, I would have taken a hammer to this piece of ****!

Never in the history of electronic devices has anything been released with so many flaws!
It should be in the "guinness world records"
See the wiki site for more info on these issues, I think they are listed there. http://hd-pvr.pbwiki.com

What s/w version do you have? ......./84 and 7/2?
What is the HDD % Fill? If over 90% and your recordings are not "locked" then you are actually inadvertently deleting the recordings by possibly pressing too many buttons - remember, the HD PVR is SLOW to react to commands, and you may be placing a number of "OK" commands in the buffer. Also the higher the fill, the slower the s/w responds so even more patience is needed.

See the wiki for the name changes
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2008-12-01 , 12:37
Changes remote batteries daily

I have SW version .84 and 7/2. My HDD is at 62% and all I do is press it once and wait, the playlist screen becomes semi-transparent with the channel I'm on in the background resuming, when I go back to the playlist....It disappears... and it's what I've always done, this has been happening for the last 2-3 weeks only
Old 2008-12-01 , 12:55
Technical Myriad

Maybe your best option is to take the HD PVR back to MC and ask for a replacement unit.

What you describe has been seen by a few others but not at a fill of 62%.
I ran my PVR to limit full and all I got was the orginal issue that as soon as you watch something and it is full, it would automatically delete, and then after the initial upgrade you were asked before it was deleted. I have not had the same happen again.
Old 2008-12-01 , 13:23
Technical Myriad

Wiki bug numnber 021 suggests that the % fill is not dynmaically updated, so it is possible, that even though your decoder sez it is only 62% full that it is in fact much more. So I suggest you try this:

(1) Try to verify if it is oldest recordings that are being deleted (FIFO)
(2) Try to "edit" these and lock them (also a pretty unreliable exercise), before you view them, see if you then get asked to delete them after you view them even for a short while. restart also in case, the resume point is very close to the end of the recording.
(3) The last resort would be to do a clean up by removing all the entries in the playlist and start again, this time when you set the recordings, lock them immediately before the recording is made.

I hope that this helps a bit!
Old 2008-12-01 , 15:04
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Hi GeoffD,
What does the lock function actually do? I have never used the lock function when I set up TBR's.
Old 2008-12-02 , 10:57
Technical Myriad

Mainly, in my house it prevents recordings from deleted by others because I am the ONLY one that knows what the word is!
secondly, it prevents inadvertent deletions/changes to settings etc, because it is supposed to ask you for the password first, gives you time to think about what you are doings and if the s/w has buffered a string of commands, then these are less likely to do things that you are not aware of
Old 2008-12-02 , 12:56
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Thanks GeoffD,
I don't have any kids in the house so don't have a need to lock recordings.