Forum > Customer service > Customer service > DStv PREMIUM CUSTOMERS GET SHOWMAX AT NO CHARGE
Old 2017-09-11 , 15:24
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
It seems the message is just not properly worded - it will remain free until 31 March 2019.

ShowMax can't be downloaded to the Explora - it can currently only be streamed. But I won't be surprised if this is changed in the (near) future.
Thanks Krugie. I don't have an uncapped data package so if the shows can only be streamed then I doubt that I'll be making much use of this offer. Still, it's something that MC should be given credit for. Think this will make lots of subscribers happy. Hopefully we will one day be able to download to the Explora.
Old 2017-09-11 , 15:28
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Brenda View Post
That wording is generic to Showmax. As a Premium customer, who has added it to their account - you're in the clear
Please can I have your, address, phone number etc so that I can arrange for some "heavies" to visit you should my account NOT be in the clear?
Old 2017-09-11 , 15:34
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
Thanks Krugie. I don't have an uncapped data package so if the shows can only be streamed then I doubt that I'll be making much use of this offer. Still, it's something that MC should be given credit for. Think this will make lots of subscribers happy. Hopefully we will one day be able to download to the Explora.
25 shows/movies can be downloaded to a tablet or phone or computer though - but I'm not sure whether there is a scheduler so you might have to do it manually after hours. And I don't think you can then stream to a TV (but I could be wrong) - so you might have to watch it on whatever device you downloaded it.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-09-11 , 16:45
Changes remote batteries hourly

Do you Mods know if ShowMax on Explora downloading is planned anytime soon?

Another idea if not already implemented or planned, please pass on - Chromecasting & Airplay of ShowMax

Also, with this closer cooperation now wouldn't a ShowMax representative on the forum be a good idea as there's been quite a few general questions, maybe "MC" Nic renamed to SM Nic (unless that's already being managed by MC Brenda).
Old 2017-09-11 , 16:53
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Do you Mods know if ShowMax on Explora downloading is planned anytime soon?

Another idea if not already implemented or planned, please pass on - Chromecasting & Airplay of ShowMax

Also, with this closer cooperation now wouldn't a ShowMax representative on the forum be a good idea as there's been quite a few general questions, maybe "MC" Nic renamed to SM Nic (unless that's already being managed by MC Brenda).
Downloading not for now - but watch this space. As far as i know, you can already cast Showmax - you can double check on their site.

And no, alas a bit early to add them into this Forum, so continue to direct your queries about their service to them.
Old 2017-09-11 , 16:59
4K, baby!

Default Showmax Payment challenge

Hi Marietjie,

Here's a question for you.

My daughter has her own Premium subscription and an Explora-1

When I treated her to a new telly, last year, and upgraded her from her old SD PVR to the Explora, I set her up a Showmax account in her name, linked to her Premium Subscription.

But, I provided my banking details to Showmax, so I started getting the monthly debit after the trial period finished. This still happens.

So, how do I un-link my banking details from my daughter's Showmax account and still allow her to receive the Showmax Service for Free?

Cheers, K.
Old 2017-09-11 , 17:03
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtonman View Post

So, how do I un-link my banking details from my daughter's Showmax account and still allow her to receive the Showmax Service for Free?
If all previous posts are correct you will simply no longer be billed for it (until March 2019) so no action required. The diagram says existing ShowMax subscribers linked a a premium DSTV account does not have to take any action.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-09-11 , 17:04
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtonman View Post
Hi Marietjie,

Here's a question for you.

My daughter has her own Premium subscription and an Explora-1

When I treated her to a new telly, last year, and upgraded her from her old SD PVR to the Explora, I set her up a Showmax account in her name, linked to her Premium Subscription.

But, I provided my banking details to Showmax, so I started getting the monthly debit after the trial period finished. This still happens.

Cheers, K.
You shouldn't have to - as her Showmax subscription is already paid as part of her DStv Premium, the charge will be stopped.

If this does not happen as expected, let us know.
Old 2017-09-11 , 17:11
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
........To make accessing Showmax hassle-free, a link has been added to thaw DStv Now app. Premium customers can use up to 4 mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets to access the DStv Now app........

END
That's great MoM,

And here's more .......

I can also confirm that Showmax works fine from the Showmax App on LG smart TVs running WEBOS 3.3 Operating System *.

I can also confirm that it works fine when "casting" from a Showmax "registered" Android mobile phone, to a Chromecast dongle plugged into the HDMI socket of any TV or monitor.

So plenty of viewing choices; but you just must not exceed 5 registered devices.

Cheers, K.

* [edit] PS The LG WEBOS Showmax app is REALLY slick and easy to use. Scrolling down and along through the available content is a doddle using the LG Magic Remote! K

Last edited by Sandtonman; 2017-09-11 at 17:19. .
Old 2017-09-12 , 06:24
Still gets up to change channels

When trying to add DSTV to Showmax payment method, website diverts to My Dstv self service site which I then log in to but then I get this message:

You will not be able to add a Showmax subscription to your DStv account.
Please make sure that you are a debit order customer, and(or) you have an active package and then try again

I am a DSTV premium subscriber and have always paid via debit order?