Forum > Customer service > Customer service > DStv PREMIUM CUSTOMERS GET SHOWMAX AT NO CHARGE
Old 2017-09-11 , 14:37
Changes remote batteries daily. Has an entire thread named after her.

Thank you for the various replies.

So Showmax requires internet connection?
Old 2017-09-11 , 14:41
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post
So Showmax requires internet connection?
Correct yes - it is an online-only service. Preferably uncapped data as well.

I read somewhere about data packages that include unlimited ShowMax data but can't recall whether it was available or just a proposal.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-09-11 , 14:43
Changes remote batteries daily. Has an entire thread named after her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
Correct yes - it is an online-only service. Preferably uncapped data as well.

I read somewhere about data packages that include unlimited ShowMax data but can't recall whether it was available or just a proposal.
Thank you. No longer interested.
Old 2017-09-11 , 14:45
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krugie View Post
Will it still be aired on DSTV or be exclusive to ShowMax?
Which will make it a rarity, given that almost everything else is at least one season behind...
Old 2017-09-11 , 14:52
MultiChoice

Folks not sure about Mr Robot - remember Showmax does carry content that is on DStv first. Will have to come back to you about that.
Old 2017-09-11 , 15:02
MultiChoice

Here's what our DStv Premium customers need to do. Any queries, we'll be here to help you.Premium_Showmax_Flow_11Sept2017.pdf
Old 2017-09-11 , 15:04
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeII View Post
So when I go through the process to enable this, via the DStv Now app, I get told "thanks for signing up for your free 14 day trial!"

It had better not be a 14 day trial...otherwise I'm going to be a tad upset about things, since I followed the instructions above.
If you're on DStv Premium, and you've added Showmax to your account, you won't get billed after the 14 days. And if there's every a query - just let us know - and we'll check it out for you.
Old 2017-09-11 , 15:15
4K, baby!

When registering and going to the first page of the Showmax website after clicking on the "add to my Dstv Account", or words to that affect, I get told the following:

"DStv Premium subscriber, your 1st monthly Showmax subscription is R0.

It is included in your DStv Premium subscription at no additional charge."

Have I done something wrong as I have no intention of paying R99 per month for this. There may be a couple of decent shows available on Showmax but doubt I'll be using it too much due to the data costs.

Will we be able to download in the same way as is possible with Catch Up +? That is schedule the downloads for after midnight.

EDIT : After going through the steps to register as mentioned above I get informed that I can now browse what's available and enjoy the free trial period after which I'll be billed R99 a month. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLP!!!!

Last edited by beetle bailey; 2017-09-11 at 15:17. .
Old 2017-09-11 , 15:17
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post

"DStv Premium subscriber, your 1st monthly Showmax subscription is R0.

It is included in your DStv Premium subscription at no additional charge."

Have I done something wrong as I have no intention of paying R99 per month for this. There may be a couple of decent shows available on Showmax but doubt I'll be using it too much due to the data costs.

Will we be able to download in the same way as is possible with Catch Up +? That is schedule the downloads for after midnight.
It seems the message is just not properly worded - it will remain free until 31 March 2019.

ShowMax can't be downloaded to the Explora - it can currently only be streamed. But I won't be surprised if this is changed in the (near) future.
Octo-LNB to 2 x 5.2 switches. Explora 1 (Primary) & HDPVR 2P (Secondary) in lounge, Samsung 55" UA55F8500 Smart 3D LED TV, HDMI picture and audio via Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver, Samsung BD-F7500 3D Blu-Ray player. Explora 1 in bedroom with HDMI picture & audio to Samsung 32" UA32F5500 Smart LED TV.
Old 2017-09-11 , 15:22
MultiChoice

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle bailey View Post
EDIT : After going through the steps to register as mentioned above I get informed that I can now browse what's available and enjoy the free trial period after which I'll be billed R99 a month. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLP!!!!
That wording is generic to Showmax. As a Premium customer, who has added it to their account - you're in the clear