Old 2017-07-27 , 19:00
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

Default Explora HDD

I bought my dstv explora about 3 weeks after it was released, but currently I am struggling with the harddrive. Hdd giving me problems and does not record all my programs. I have to reboot about 4 times a day and then it only works for a while and when I want to watch a recording or catchup I get blackscreen. I do have dcc care. What is my way forward to get this sorted

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
Old 2017-07-28 , 11:18
MultiChoice

Hi there, if you do not have decoder insurance, you can take it into the branch and ask for a refurbished model. You will be charged a fee for that but will then have a proper working decoder.
Old 2017-07-28 , 11:40

Hi Marietjie I do have insurance on my my decoder

Old 2017-07-28 , 11:44
4K, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
Hi there, if you do not have decoder insurance, you can take it into the branch and ask for a refurbished model. You will be charged a fee for that but will then have a proper working decoder.
Don't NEW decoders come with a guarantee of some sort? If not, why not? Just about any item that I can think of, when bought new, comes with a guarantee so why, after three weeks useage, should someone have to pay to get it repaired? What does the Consumer Protective Act say about this? Certainly, if the decoder gets damaged by the consumer within a certain period of time THEN charge for the 'new' decoder but I fail to understand why someone must pay for a mechanical/hardware malfunction of any decoder.

This to me is just downright WRONG!!!

In Conrad95's case, as stated by him, having home insurance shouldn't even come into the equation. To claim on his insurance would no doubt mean he has to pay a certain amount anyway. The first R500 or whatever it may be. But even if that isn't the case MC should be carrying the cost for this for the first year or whatever the warranty period may be. MC are basically making people in Conrad95's position pay for the decoder and then have to pay an extra cost of R500 should the decoder that they've purchased for new not work properly. Highway robbery in my books.

That's my view and will wait to hear where I've got the "wrong end of the stick" and be put in my place. At which time I'll offer an apology should it be necessary.

Last edited by beetle bailey; 2017-07-28 at 11:49. .
Old 2017-07-28 , 11:51
MultiChoice

Folks new decoders do come out with a one year warranty - but as he got the decoder when Explora was first launched, that time has now passed.

If you have decoder insurance, then you can simply take it in and the swap will be free as per the conditions of your decoder insurance.
Old 2017-07-28 , 14:05
4K, baby!

Ok. Once again I misread something and I therefore do need to apologise to MC for this. Sorry for the trouble caused. AGAIN!!!
Old 2017-07-28 , 17:43

Thank you all, I had dstv insurance on my my decoder so they just swopped it out for me. Now I can enjoy my explora again