Forum > Content > General > Announcement: DStv Premium customers get ShowMax special discount
Old 2016-10-25 , 12:32
MultiChoice

Default Announcement: DStv Premium customers get ShowMax special discount

DStv Premium customers get ShowMax special discount
ShowMax for just R69 to DStv Premium customers with Explora

MultiChoice is offering its DStv Premium customers with Exploras a special discount on ShowMax. The normal price is R99 – DStv Premium customers can now get ShowMax for just R69 per month.

DStv Premium customers get so much more value for their monthly subscription when they connect their DStv Explora to the internet as it opens a much bigger world of entertainment. Watch the lastest episodes of your favourite show live on DStv or later on Catch Up (up to 4 episodes), watch the full latest season of the show on Catch Up Plus or binge watch previous seasons on ShowMax.

ShowMax expands ‘lean-back’ viewing options on DStv Explora with over 25 000 episodes to choose from and the ability to binge watch box sets. DStv offers the freshest local and international content directly from Hollywood, as well as live sport and news, through live television and DStv Catch Up; while ShowMax offers complete box sets of previous seasons of series so customers can watch from the very first episode.

DStv Premium customers with an Explora just need to add ShowMax to their DStv debit order and they’ll automatically receive the discount. They can log on to ShowMax.com to make the changes.

For more information about the extended services available when you connect your DStv Explora to the internet, and about ShowMax on the Explora, go to DStv.com.

Last edited by MC Marietjie; 2016-10-25 at 13:12. .
Old 2016-10-25 , 12:42
Technical Myriad

And those Premium subscribers without debit orders?
Win 10 Pro (64-bit) version 1703, build 15063.138
1.2m antenna, 8-way universal LNB, 2x6 MS, FSM permanently connected.
MS Edge 40 with MSEdge HTML 15
Old 2016-10-25 , 13:00
Changes remote batteries daily

What is meant by special discount, is it time limited and going to return to normal pricing in a few months or is this lower monthly price a long term structure?
Old 2016-10-25 , 13:13
MultiChoice

Discount only applies if you add ShowMax to your DStv account that is collected through debit order.

The price is valid until end March 2018.
Old 2016-10-30 , 09:17
Has mastered the i-Plate and DStv guide

When does this come into effect? I have problems with my account as MC added my Showmax Subscription to my DSTV Account but didn't deduct the first month's subscription so my account was always in debit. This resulted in my Showmax Subscription being suspended. At no stage did MC inform me of this outstanding amount and they never tried to debit my account again. Finally after endless back and forth between Showmax and MC they finally debited my account for the outstanding R99 and my Showmax Subscription has been restored. My invoice for November however still states R99 for Showmax.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
Old 2016-10-30 , 16:33
Knows how to use a remote

Should be free to Premium subscribers.

Pass
Old 2016-10-31 , 20:07
Knows how to use a remote

Do we get to watch Season 1 of Big Bang theory 5 times there also?

What about clients who paid a year in advance?
(not that it matters, as some of those clients aren't renewing next month)
Old 2016-11-02 , 20:37
Still gets up to change channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermeric1 View Post
When does this come into effect? I have problems with my account as MC added my Showmax Subscription to my DSTV Account but didn't deduct the first month's subscription so my account was always in debit. This resulted in my Showmax Subscription being suspended. At no stage did MC inform me of this outstanding amount and they never tried to debit my account again. Finally after endless back and forth between Showmax and MC they finally debited my account for the outstanding R99 and my Showmax Subscription has been restored. My invoice for November however still states R99 for Showmax.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
I have the same problem. My Showmax account is suspended and I can't get it going again, although it is still linked to my DStv account. Trying to activate results in a declined message.