Forum > Customer service > Customer service > Retirement Village package plus Xtraview and Decoder Insurance
Old 2016-04-12 , 08:36
Changes remote batteries daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Marietjie's info came from the top, sounds like the person your manager contacted is just not up to speed with developments.

Hope this all works out reasonably for you after all your efforts to find solutions. Does the package at least include M-Net?
Yes, Mnet is included. That is the only reason why I am considering this.
Old 2016-04-12 , 08:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
@Elizabeth - if you give me the details of the estate manager or the name of the estate, i can get the senior guy in touch with them to sort this out.
Hello Marietjie,

Our village is Thornton Place Retirement Village in Thornton, Cape Town. The manager is Razier Stegmann. I will send you the phone number via PM.

We would also like to be able to retain Xtraview as well as the PVR functionality. We all have our own separate DSTV Dishes not a communal dish - if this makes any difference.

Many thanks.
Old 2016-04-13 , 08:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
Hello Marietjie,

Our village is Thornton Place Retirement Village in Thornton, Cape Town. The manager is Razier Stegmann. I will send you the phone number via PM.

We would also like to be able to retain Xtraview as well as the PVR functionality. We all have our own separate DSTV Dishes not a communal dish - if this makes any difference.

Many thanks.
Hello Marietjie,

Your guy has been in touch with our Manager. They say that PVR functionality can be arranged by paying the R85.00 but it must be done directly to Multichoice.
Does one then pay this money into your own Multichoice account? They did not explain how to go about this.

Many thanks once again.
Old 2016-04-13 , 09:40
MultiChoice

@Elizabeth pls send me your number, then our guy will phone you directly. Seems all of this was explained to your manager but something must've gotten lost along the way.
Old 2016-04-14 , 08:11

Thanks for your assistance Marietjie, Chris called me yesterday. We have now got the information that we need. As it stands at the moment PVR functionality can only be achieved if there are at least 3 people requesting this. As far as Xtraview is concerned - this is only available by paying for two subscription, one per decoder - as you said.

I find this ludicrous. After all we are talking about pensioners here. It is all very disappointing. That is my husband and I now totally out as far as DSTV is concerned.
Old 2016-04-14 , 08:19
Changes remote batteries hourly

Liz, there are external recording options that you could consider which could help. But no HD recordings.
Old 2016-04-14 , 08:22
MultiChoice

@elizabeth - there is a project underway that is reviewing the commercial packages which include retirement villages. This should be launched towards the end of the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2016-04-14 , 11:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Marietjie View Post
@elizabeth - there is a project underway that is reviewing the commercial packages which include retirement villages. This should be launched towards the end of the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, Marietjie. I'll keep this in mind. Hopefully by then we'll be totally weaned off TV.
Old 2017-07-01 , 05:38
Still listens to the wireless

Has there been any progress on XtraView for retirement villages? My parents just moved into a retirement village and were grateful for the prospect of enjoying the reduced fee for pensioners but without Xtraview this would be useless for them.
Old 2017-07-01 , 08:54
Changes remote batteries hourly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndevil View Post
Has there been any progress on XtraView for retirement villages? My parents just moved into a retirement village and were grateful for the prospect of enjoying the reduced fee for pensioners but without Xtraview this would be useless for them.
Welcome to posting :-)

Nothing we've heard about, but this forum doesn't deal much with retirement community setups. Perhaps a Mod may have more to add next week.

Generally, it's a matter of asking the retirement village's management - whatever is available from MC is then narrowed down by their selection of what they choose to offer.
But I've never heard of XtraView (XV) ever being part of those options.

Last edited by Optimist; 2017-07-01 at 11:01. . Reason: Clarity